August 21, 2014
August 20, 2014
August 19, 2014
2014 H-1B Visas: Employers Need to Note Upcoming Application Dates
Employers may first apply for 2014 H-1B visas for individuals not currently in H-1B status on April 1, 2013 with a start date of October 1, 2013. The 2013 H-1B visa cap was reached on June 11, 2012 and this year we expect the cap to be reached within the first few weeks applications are accepted.
This H-1B cap limitation does not apply to extensions of H-1B status or those obtaining H-1B status to teach at colleges, universities, related nonprofit or government research organizations or J waiver physicians. If your company has potential H-1B candidates working on post-education employment authorization that will expire prior to October 1, 2014, please be aware of these dates.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Department of State Releases September 2014 Visa Bulletin
- DOS and CBP Announce Fix for Certain Visa Applicants Who Are Experiencing Consular Delays Due to Recent Technical Challenges
- Technical Problems with Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Passport/Visa Issuance Systems
- Department of State Releases New Guidance Regarding Ongoing Consular Consolidated Database and Visa Issuance Delays
- Computer Glitch at State Department Causes Major Delays for U.S. Passports and Visas
- USCIS Rolls Out Full-Scale Implementation of L-1 Site Visit Program: Employers of L-1 Transferees Should Now Set up Processes to Prepare for Such Visits