April 25, 2015
April 24, 2015
April 23, 2015
April 22, 2015
August 2013 New Jersey Health Care Regulatory Developments
Here are the most recent health care related regulatory developments as published in the New Jersey Register in August 2013:
On August 5, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1881, the Department of Human Services published notice of its proposed readoption of its rules regarding outpatient mental health service standards.
On August 5, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1883, the Department of Banking and Insurance published notice of its proposed amendments to its rules governing insurers in hazardous financial conditions. The proposed amendments are intended to bring the State of New Jersey into compliance with the Model Regulation to Define Standards and Commissioner’s Authority for Companies Deemed to be in Hazardous Financial Condition adopted by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
On August 5, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1893, the Department of Banking and Insurance published notice of its proposed readoption with amendments to its rules governing third party administrators of health benefits and third party billing services. The proposed amendments would allow the Department of Banking and Insurance to request from an applicant additional information that is needed prior to approving or disapproving an application.
The Department is also proposing to add a new section which would provide that applicants for licensure or registration may be subject to an organizational investigation or examination by the Department.
The Department also is proposing to amend the requirements for financial reporting that must accompany the annual report that is required to be filed by third party administrators.
The amendments applicable to third party billing companies would allow the Department to request in writing any additional information that it may require from an applicant for certification as a third party billing service.
- On August 5, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1919, the State Board of Pharmacy published notice of its adoption of amendments to its rules governing the use of pharmacy interns and pharmacy externs, as well as amendments to its rules governing pharmacy technician duties and pharmacist-technician ratios.
- The amendments also revise the requirements for pharmacy drug dispensing and prescription records; revise certain documentation requirements in connection with pharmaceutical services for health care facilities; and revise the requirements for pharmacies providing radiopharmaceutical services.
- On August 5, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1925, the Alcohol and Drug Counselor Committee of the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners agreed to extend until October 4, 2013 its deliberations on a Petition for Rulemaking concerning clinical supervisor requirements for licensed alcohol and drug counselors and licensed clinical alcohol and drug counselors.
- On August 19, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1960, the Department of Human Services published notice of its readoption of its rules governing Medicaid payments to certified nurse midwives.
- On August 19, 2013 at 45 N.J.R. 1960, the Department of Labor and Workforce Development published notice of its adoption of amendments to its rules and the adoption of new rules governing the operations of employee leasing companies. The regulations implement standards for assurance organizations, which are independent and qualified entities approved by the Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development to certify the qualifications of an employee leasing company or employee leasing group. The amended regulations also amend the financial security requirements for employee leasing companies or professional employer organizations; revise employment requirements for employee leasing company groups; and implement requirements for out-of-state employee leasing companies.