August 18, 2014
August 17, 2014
August 16, 2014
August 15, 2014
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services "CMS" Announces 106 NEW ACOs
Yesterday, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that 106 new organizations have been selected to participate in CMS’s shared savings program, also known as the ACO program. The new ACOs include 15 Advance Payment Model ACOs and two new Wisconsin ACOs. The new ACO programs join the 114 organizations selected to participate in 2012 as well as the 32 Pioneer Model ACOs and 35 Advanced Payment Model ACOs operating in conjunction with the CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. In addition, CMS noted that approximately 20% of ACOs include community health centers, rural health centers and critical access hospitals that serve low-income and rural communities.
A list of the newest ACOs is available here. More information about the CMS Shared Savings Program is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- CMS Re-Opens Open Payments System
- How to Handle Disruptive Staff Members - Disruptive Physician Behavior
- Acute Care Hospitals Settle FCA Lawsuits for $98 Million
- CMS Finalizes Program Changes for Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug Benefit Programs - Alert!
- China: State Council Revises Regulations on the Supervision and Administration over Medical Devices
- Circuits Split Over Legality of IRS Rule Mandating Tax Credits for Individuals Covered Through Federal Exchanges under the Affordable Care Act