August 31, 2014
August 30, 2014
August 29, 2014
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services "CMS" Announces 106 NEW ACOs
Yesterday, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that 106 new organizations have been selected to participate in CMS’s shared savings program, also known as the ACO program. The new ACOs include 15 Advance Payment Model ACOs and two new Wisconsin ACOs. The new ACO programs join the 114 organizations selected to participate in 2012 as well as the 32 Pioneer Model ACOs and 35 Advanced Payment Model ACOs operating in conjunction with the CMS Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation. In addition, CMS noted that approximately 20% of ACOs include community health centers, rural health centers and critical access hospitals that serve low-income and rural communities.
A list of the newest ACOs is available here. More information about the CMS Shared Savings Program is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Physician Compensation under Medicaid
- Pharmacies Avoid False Claims Act Suit: Fox Rx Inc. v. Omnicare Inc. et al.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DOD) Announce New IT Contracting Opportunities
- Third Circuit Joins Second Circuit In Rejecting Vague Pleadings of FLSA Violations
- Health Care Industry Familiar with HIPAA Breaches, Not So Much Hackers
- Wearable Devices and Data Privacy: Wearing Your Heart (Rate…and More) on Your Sleeve