July 30, 2014
July 29, 2014
July 28, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Hospital Outpatient Payment Rule
On July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System for calendar year (CY) 2014. According to CMS, relative to payments in 2013, Medicare payments for outpatient services are expected to increase 9.5 percent, or $4.37 billion, in CY 2014, and payments to ASCs are expected to increase by 3.5 percent, or $133 million.
Comments on the proposed rule are due September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet on the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- New Medicare Tax Makes FICA Errors Harder to Correct
- Big Increase in 2014 Service Contract Act Health & Welfare Rate Announced
- Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to Begin Phase 2 of HIPAA Audit Program
- FDA Finalizes Guidance on the Evaluation of 510(k) Substantial Equivalence
- FDA Denies Citizen Petition’s Request to Ban Marketing of Non-Absorbable Surgical Mesh Products for Transvaginal Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- The FDA’s Informed Consent Draft Guidance: Insights and Challenges for IRBs, Clinical Investigators and Sponsors