September 20, 2014
September 19, 2014
September 18, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Hospital Outpatient Payment Rule
On July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System for calendar year (CY) 2014. According to CMS, relative to payments in 2013, Medicare payments for outpatient services are expected to increase 9.5 percent, or $4.37 billion, in CY 2014, and payments to ASCs are expected to increase by 3.5 percent, or $133 million.
Comments on the proposed rule are due September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet on the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- EEOC Sues BNV Home Care Agency for Violating Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- Court Rejects FDA’s Interpretation of the Statute’s Device Definition as “Erroneous and Unreasonable”
- U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) Report Outlines Healthcare.gov’s Ongoing Privacy Issues
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule: Deadline Approaching to Update Grandfathered Business Associate Agreements
- Reminder: Update Your “Grandfathered” HIPAA Business Associate Agreements Now!
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Also Affected By Supreme Court’s DOMA Decision in U.S. v. Windsor