October 01, 2014
September 30, 2014
September 29, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Hospital Outpatient Payment Rule
On July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System for calendar year (CY) 2014. According to CMS, relative to payments in 2013, Medicare payments for outpatient services are expected to increase 9.5 percent, or $4.37 billion, in CY 2014, and payments to ASCs are expected to increase by 3.5 percent, or $133 million.
Comments on the proposed rule are due September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet on the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- HIPAA Violation Results in $4.8 Million Settlement: An IT Perspective
- A Brave New World of Transparency Reporting: CMS Launches Open Payments Website
- Cliff Notes from the Joint Office for Civil Rights (OCR)/National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) HIPAA Security Conference
- Michigan Court of Appeals Dismisses Home Care Workers Lawsuit Against SEIU as MOOT After SEIU Voluntarily Pays Back Union Dues
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Finalized Meaningful Use Rule – What Providers Need To Know
- Health Care Law Update - September 29, 2014