August 20, 2014
August 19, 2014
August 18, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Hospital Outpatient Payment Rule
On July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System for calendar year (CY) 2014. According to CMS, relative to payments in 2013, Medicare payments for outpatient services are expected to increase 9.5 percent, or $4.37 billion, in CY 2014, and payments to ASCs are expected to increase by 3.5 percent, or $133 million.
Comments on the proposed rule are due September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet on the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Massive Data Breach Affects 4.5 Million Patients in 29 States
- NLRB Continues to Expand its Reach
- The OIG Issues An OIG Rule on ACOs and the IRS Provides Additional Guidance For Tax-Exempt Organizations
- FDA Issues Final Guidance on "In Vitro Companion Diagnostic Devices"
- CMS Care Coordination Payments – A Boon to Doctors and Patients but Patient Participation Will be Essential
- OSHA Concludes that Acclimatization May Be the Most Important Element of a Heat-Illness Prevention Program