August 20, 2014
August 19, 2014
August 18, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Payment Rule
On Monday, July 1, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released a proposed rule implementing payment and other policy changes to the Medicare End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Prospective Payment System (PPS). The proposed rule seeks to implement the ESRD payment reductions provided under the American Taxpayer Relief Act (ATRA) enacted earlier this year. (More information on the ATRA is available here.)
In addition, CMS also proposes changes to the ESRD Quality Incentive Program (QIP). A CMS fact sheet highlighting the proposed changes to the QIP is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Massive Data Breach Affects 4.5 Million Patients in 29 States
- NLRB Continues to Expand its Reach
- The OIG Issues An OIG Rule on ACOs and the IRS Provides Additional Guidance For Tax-Exempt Organizations
- FDA Issues Final Guidance on "In Vitro Companion Diagnostic Devices"
- CMS Care Coordination Payments – A Boon to Doctors and Patients but Patient Participation Will be Essential
- OSHA Concludes that Acclimatization May Be the Most Important Element of a Heat-Illness Prevention Program