August 31, 2014
August 30, 2014
August 29, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Physician Payment Rule
On Monday, July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule for calendar year (CY) 2014. CMS estimates that absent Congressional action, physicians who treat Medicare beneficiaries will face a 24.4 percent cut in their reimbursement due to the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR). More information on the SGR is available here.
As part of this proposed rule, CMS is also proposing several changes to the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program, the physician compare website, and the physician value-based payment modifier. A CMS fact sheet on these proposed changes is available here.
Comments on the proposed rule are due on September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet highlighting the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Physician Compensation under Medicaid
- Pharmacies Avoid False Claims Act Suit: Fox Rx Inc. v. Omnicare Inc. et al.
- Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DOD) Announce New IT Contracting Opportunities
- Third Circuit Joins Second Circuit In Rejecting Vague Pleadings of FLSA Violations
- Health Care Industry Familiar with HIPAA Breaches, Not So Much Hackers
- Wearable Devices and Data Privacy: Wearing Your Heart (Rate…and More) on Your Sleeve