July 31, 2014
July 30, 2014
July 29, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Physician Payment Rule
On Monday, July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule for calendar year (CY) 2014. CMS estimates that absent Congressional action, physicians who treat Medicare beneficiaries will face a 24.4 percent cut in their reimbursement due to the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR). More information on the SGR is available here.
As part of this proposed rule, CMS is also proposing several changes to the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program, the physician compare website, and the physician value-based payment modifier. A CMS fact sheet on these proposed changes is available here.
Comments on the proposed rule are due on September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet highlighting the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Department Store Units Decided Under Specialty Healthcare
- New Medicare Tax Makes FICA Errors Harder to Correct
- Big Increase in 2014 Service Contract Act Health & Welfare Rate Announced
- Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to Begin Phase 2 of HIPAA Audit Program
- FDA Finalizes Guidance on the Evaluation of 510(k) Substantial Equivalence
- FDA Denies Citizen Petition’s Request to Ban Marketing of Non-Absorbable Surgical Mesh Products for Transvaginal Repair of Pelvic Organ Prolapse