October 01, 2014
September 30, 2014
September 29, 2014
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Physician Payment Rule
On Monday, July 8, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released its proposed rule implementing changes to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule for calendar year (CY) 2014. CMS estimates that absent Congressional action, physicians who treat Medicare beneficiaries will face a 24.4 percent cut in their reimbursement due to the Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR). More information on the SGR is available here.
As part of this proposed rule, CMS is also proposing several changes to the Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), the Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Program, the physician compare website, and the physician value-based payment modifier. A CMS fact sheet on these proposed changes is available here.
Comments on the proposed rule are due on September 6, 2013. A copy of the proposed rule is available here and will be published in the Federal Register on July 19, 2013. A CMS fact sheet highlighting the proposed rule is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- United Kingdom: New Right To Time Off To Accompany A Pregnant Woman To Antenatal Appointments
- U.S. Department of Transportation Issues Reminder to Medical Review Officers Concerning Employees’ Use of Prescription Medications
- The Affordable Care Act: Focus on Adjunct Faculty
- HIPAA Violation Results in $4.8 Million Settlement: An IT Perspective
- A Brave New World of Transparency Reporting: CMS Launches Open Payments Website
- Cliff Notes from the Joint Office for Civil Rights (OCR)/National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) HIPAA Security Conference