July 25, 2014
July 24, 2014
CFTC Reminds Market Participants of Swap Data Reporting Requirements
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s Division of Market Oversight issued an advisory to remind market participants that pursuant to Parts 43 and 45 of the CFTC’s regulations, swap dealers were required to begin reporting data to a swap data repository (SDR) pertaining to equity, foreign exchange and other commodity swaps on February 28.
The advisory further reminds market participants that under Part 46 of the CFTC’s regulations,swap dealers must also report data regarding swaps entered into prior to the compliance date for Part 45 reporting. Part 46 compliance with respect to equity, foreign exchange and other commodity swaps is required by March 30, 2013. February 28 also marked the beginning of major swap participants’ requirement to report data pertaining to swaps of all asset classes. All other swap counterparties (i.e., entities that are not swap dealers or major swap participants) must be in compliance with the swap data reporting rules for all asset classes by April 10, 2013. All swap data reported is accessible electronically by the public through each SDR’s website.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- SEC Settles Third-Party Insider Trading Claim Against New York Investor Relations Executive
- SEC Issues Guidance on Proxy Voting
- SEC Approves FINRA Rule Limiting Expungement
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Releases Rule Enforcement Review of ICE Futures U.S.
- Watchdogs Petition SEC to Strengthen Prohibitions Against Impeding Complaints to SEC
- SEC Adopts Amendments to Money Market Fund Rules