July 31, 2014
July 30, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission "CFTC" Amends Order of Registration and Approves Rulebook for LCH.Clearnet LLC
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued an amended order of registration to LCH.Clearnet LLC (LCH LLC), formerly the International Derivatives Clearinghouse, LLC. LCH LLC’s parent company, LCH.Clearnet Group Limited, recently acquired IDC’s sole parent, International Derivatives Clearing Group, LLC.
In accordance with the amended order, LCH LLC continues to be registered as a derivatives clearing organization, subject to new terms and conditions relating to recent amendments to the Commodity Exchange Act. In addition to futures and options on futures, LCH LLC is permitted to clear interest rate and currency swaps. The CFTC also approved LCH LLC’s revised rulebook.
The amended order of registration is available here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- SEC Approves FINRA Rule Limiting Expungement
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Releases Rule Enforcement Review of ICE Futures U.S.
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Focuses on Cybersecurity at Standing Advisory Group Meeting
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Adopts First Installment of Rules for Cross-Border Security-Based Swap Activity
- SEC Settles Charges Against Hedge Fund Adviser for Conducting Prohibited Transactions and Retaliating Against Whistleblower