October 01, 2014
September 30, 2014
September 29, 2014
Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Permits Cantor Clearinghouse to Clear Certain Foreign Exchange Options
On February 11, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued an amended order that allows Cantor Clearinghouse, L.P. (Cantor), a registered derivatives clearing organization, to clear: (i) foreign exchange spot index binary flex options contracts (FXSI contracts) that are financially settled based on foreign currency pairs of major money center currencies; and (ii) thereafter, additional binary options contracts that are fully margined, have risk profiles similar to the FXSI contracts, and for which there is an underlying commodity. Cantor is permitted to act as a derivatives clearing organization only for contracts traded on the Cantor Futures Exchange, L.P.
For more information, click here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Finalizes Exception for Swaps with Utility Special Entities
- Cyber Liability Insurance: Where’s the Beef?
- SEC Awards $30 Million to Overseas Whistleblower
- Update on ESMA Clearing Obligations for Credit Default Swaps - European Securities and Markets Authority
- Organisation of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Publishes Initial Recommendations on BEPS (Base Erosion and Profit Sharing)
- SEC Obtains Asset Freeze of Turks and Caicos Company Conducting Ponzi Scheme