August 30, 2014
August 29, 2014
August 28, 2014
Dial-in Info to Hear the First Covered Business Method Patent Trial
In my last blog post I described the trial being held on Wednesday in the first covered business method (CBM2012-00001). The PTAB has provided the dial in information to listen in on the trial to be held at 2:00 p.m. eastern time. Paper 61 of the record states:
Based upon the facts presented, the Board exercises its discretion to make the April 17 hearing available to the public via in-person attendance as well as telephonically. Specifically, the hearing will be open to the public for in-person attendance on the ninth floor of Madison Building East, 600 Dulany Street, Alexandria, Virginia. Space is limited as both parties have requested additional reserved seating and in-person attendance will be accommodated on a first come first serve basis. The following telephone number, meeting ID number and password are provided for those members of the public who wish to listen telephonically to the hearing:
meeting ID number 28001#
The Board will provide a stenographer for the hearing and the reporter’s transcript will constitute the official record of the hearing.
Fortunately, the parties have not objected to the broadcast of the trial. This is exceptionally helpful, because a large turnout of the bar is expected to witness this first patent trial, and the courtrooms at the PTO cannot accommodate the numbers expected. This is history in the making.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Google, Inc. v. Unwired Planet: Denying Request for Rehearing of Decision on Institution CBM2014-00005
- United States Patent Trademark Office (USPTO) Subject Matter Eligibility Guidance – 9th May Forum – Outcome and Opportunities
- PTO Litigation Center Report – May 7, 2014
- PTO Litigation Center Report – May 2, 2014
- Supreme Court Lowers Threshold for Grant of Attorneys’ Fees in Patent Cases
- Supreme Court Relaxes Standard for Shifting Fees in “Exceptional Cases” and Increases Deference to District Court Decisions Awarding or Denying Fees