July 31, 2014
July 30, 2014
Good Neighbor Fund Payments Made in Michigan
Consumers Energy has 56 wind turbines (100 MW) in its Lake Winds Energy Park. It has established a Good Neighbor Fund to distribute almost $2 million to property owners located in close proximity (within 3000 feet) of one or more turbines.
Two installment payments will be made, one in February 2013, and one in August 2013 to households. The amount of payment depends on whether the distance to turbine is 1500 feet, 2000 feet, or 3000 feet, and the number of turbines at these distances. For the February payment, 246 of the 290 eligible property owners in Riverton and Summit Townships were registered. The Fund is also being used to establish an endowment administered by the Community Foundation for Mason County to fund community improvement projects in Summit and Riverton Townships.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Quality Specifications: Risks and Challenges
- Developments In EU and U.S. Sanctions: Russian Financial, Energy, and Defense sectors Targeted with Coordinated New Sanctions
- Fracking Gets the Green-Light in the United Kingdom
- Energy & Environmental Law Update - July 28, 2014
- New Mexico Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking to Revise its State Rural Universal Service Fund
- New Transportation Investment Center Boosts P3 (Public-Private Partnerships) Projects: “P3 or Not P3?” That is the Question. Obama Says: “P3.”