Blogs are one of the best ways to get to the top of Google for targeted search results. Google loves fresh content and when done right, a blog is the best way to push fresh content into the search engines.
In addition, social media research indicates companies with blogs generate 67% more leads than companies that do not have a blog!
There is no denying the value of blogging when it comes to law firm marketing.
Blogs hold a unique position in the online media landscape because they have become an accepted source of information.
When used properly, a blog becomes a clear, consistent voice for your practice. It entices prospects, referral sources, colleagues, clients and thought leaders to engage you in dialogue.
It keeps you top of mind. It builds visibility among your target clients. Ultimately, it earns you more of the kind of client you most desire.
So, are all blogs successful? No, and I will tell you why- The problem arises when you begin blogging without a clear strategy behind you.
Blogging should be a part of, but not your entire law firm marketing strategy. It is your forum to connect with the community at large and to make it clear that you are an expert in your field. But to make it the highly effective medium you need it to be, your law firm marketing and promotion strategy should include:
- A topic list designed to engage your target audience;
- A list of social media (such as Facebook and Twitter) to promote it;
- A list and schedule for article marketing services to add visibility and to feed it to reporters and thought leaders;
- An up-to-date blog that you write articles for at least 2 to 4 times per week;
- A search engine optimization formula to increase your page rank.
When you have all these things in place, you will be well on your way to creating a blog that will enhance your overall law firm marketing efforts.© The Rainmaker Institute, All Rights Reserved