July 30, 2014
July 29, 2014
July 28, 2014
Interior, Energy, & Environmental Protection Agency Nominee Status Update
Interior Secretary nominee Sally Jewell appeared before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on March 7 for a confirmation hearing. On Thursday, the committee voted in favor of Jewell in a 19-3 vote, which moves her nomination to the Senate floor for an expected vote next month.
Energy Secretary nominee Ernest Moniz will appear before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on April 9 for a confirmation hearing. No date has been set as of yet for a committee vote on the nomination.
EPA Administrator nominee Gina McCarthy is meeting this week with several members of the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee, although no date has been set for her confirmation hearing. Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) announced this week that he has put a hold on her nomination over EPA’s missed deadline for releasing a draft environmental statement for the controversial St. John’s Bayou and New Madrid Floodway Project in his home state. Blunt said he would not lift the hold until the administration offered a “concrete timeline for progress.”
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Developments In EU and U.S. Sanctions: Russian Financial, Energy, and Defense sectors Targeted with Coordinated New Sanctions
- Fracking Gets the Green-Light in the United Kingdom
- OSHA Moves to Stem North Dakota’s High Fatality Rate with Emphasis Program
- Energy & Environmental Law Update - July 28, 2014
- Latest UK Onshore Oil and Gas Licensing Round Announced
- Permitting Implications of Utility Air Regulatory Group (UARG) Decision