August 23, 2014
August 22, 2014
August 21, 2014
August 20, 2014
Interior, Energy, & Environmental Protection Agency Nominee Status Update
Interior Secretary nominee Sally Jewell appeared before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on March 7 for a confirmation hearing. On Thursday, the committee voted in favor of Jewell in a 19-3 vote, which moves her nomination to the Senate floor for an expected vote next month.
Energy Secretary nominee Ernest Moniz will appear before the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee on April 9 for a confirmation hearing. No date has been set as of yet for a committee vote on the nomination.
EPA Administrator nominee Gina McCarthy is meeting this week with several members of the Senate Environment and Public Works (EPW) Committee, although no date has been set for her confirmation hearing. Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO) announced this week that he has put a hold on her nomination over EPA’s missed deadline for releasing a draft environmental statement for the controversial St. John’s Bayou and New Madrid Floodway Project in his home state. Blunt said he would not lift the hold until the administration offered a “concrete timeline for progress.”
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- City of San Diego's Settlement Over Alleged Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) Permit Violations Results in Crackdown on Out-Of-Compliance Projects
- D.C. Circuit Rejects Challenges to FERC’s Order No. 1000
- 2013-2014 Massachusetts Legislative Session Ends
- Environmental Impact Analysis Required for Natural Gas Facilities Clarified in D.C. Circuit Decision Denying Residents’ Challenge to Compressor Siting Approval
- Energy & Environment Law Update - Week of August 18, 2014
- Draft California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines Would Dramatically Alter Analysis of Transportation Impacts Under SB 743