July 28, 2014
July 25, 2014
International Hotel Investment Forum - Berlin
The contrast was too striking to ignore. On the one hand, the economists were gloomy and pessimistic in their comments about the macro economic challenges impacting the globe. On the other hand, the owners, operators and investors were upbeat, optimistic and active in their plans and actions. In fact, Marriott unveiled its new "Moxy" brand, which will be at a 3-star level and be developed outside of the U.S. The other key contrast to note is that while the belief that there will be greater growth in emerging markets, such as Turkey, Brazil and India, than in mature markets, there is also the belief that investing in U.S. based hotel assets remains a smart move.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR): Incomplete Reports Will Be Sent Back, Creating Costs and Other Burdens for Counterparties
- SEC Approves FINRA Rule Limiting Expungement
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Releases Rule Enforcement Review of ICE Futures U.S.
- Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) Seeks Input From Constituents for 2015 Compensation and Governance Proxy Guidelines
- Kentucky Supreme Court Approves Plugging Holes with Others' Piggy Banks using Budget Drafting
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?