If you’re a regular reader here, you know that I’ve discussed many times how Google loves fresh content and their recent Penguin (why the name? search me!) algorithm update makes having SEO-friendly content more important than ever to rank favorably in organic search results.
Here are five tips for creating SEO-friendly law firm marketing content on your website or blog:
1. Keep it fresh. Add updates to existing content and keep building page links from within your own site from external referral sites. Update headlines and enable comments on your posts, which refresh the content as well.
2. Be original. Cutting and pasting content from another site is not only plagiarism, it also is of absolutely no value to you whatsoever in Google’s eyes. You can rewrite content to create an original post, so if you see something you like, rewrite and repurpose it.
3. Size matters. When it comes to content contributing to SEO, less is not more. Strive to create posts or articles that explore a topic deeply enough that others will want to link to it as an authoritative source.
4. Be an authority. Creating authority takes time on your own, so while you are dedicating yourself to that, have others who are already recognized online authorities on your subject matter contribute to your blog or website.
5. Think local. Local search is becoming more important than ever because people generally search by geography... i.e., a “Phoenix divorce lawyer”, not just “divorce lawyer.” Include location references in your content.© The Rainmaker Institute, All Rights Reserved