August 30, 2014
August 29, 2014
August 28, 2014
National Futures Association (NFA) Launches FCM Financial Information Platform
The National Futures Association (NFA) has launched a new service that allows the public to obtain relevant information about any member futures commission merchant (FCM) more easily. NFA’s Background Affiliation Status Information Center (BASIC), accessible from NFA's website, has been enhanced to provide a more user-friendly platform to access general information, disciplinary information and publicly available financial information about FCMs. In particular, BASIC now provides monthly financial reports that show each FCM's net capital, the amount of funds held in the customer segregated and foreign secured amount accounts, and the manner in which such funds are held,e.g., cash, US Treasury securities and money markets funds. September 2012 is the first month for which these financial reports are available.
More information on how the new monthly financial reports can be found here.
General information on the new services can be found here.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- SEC Charges Colorado Woman and Her Two Companies with Offering Fraud
- SEC Charges CEO and Former CFO with Violation of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Bitcoin – Is Anyone In Charge?
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) Focuses on Cybersecurity at Standing Advisory Group Meeting
- Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) Seeks Comment on ICE Clear Europe Portfolio Margining Proposal
- SEC Commissioner Confirms Cybersecurity as a Board-Level Concern