September 02, 2014
September 01, 2014
August 31, 2014
New Leader for Clean Energy Business Group (Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council)
The Michigan Energy Innovation Business Council launched in 2012 as a coalition of clean energy businesses and working to make a difference in Michigan's economy. The multifaceted goals of the organization include attracting capital, shaping policy, engaging the public and promoting innovation and entrepreneurship. Activities have included conducting an its inaugural forum and members' meeting in March 2012 at NextEnergy Center and an Energy 101 session in Lansing in January 2013. The president of the organization, Dan Scripps assumed his position on October. He is scheduled to provide comments at two of the Energy Forums to provide the clean energy jobs perspective to the discussion as the business voice of advanced energy In Michigan. A former state representative, he has worked as a Washington attorney on "green banking", as well as serving as vice president of capital innovation withAdvanced Energy Economy, EIBC's national partner organization.
Earlier this year, EIBC released a study showing Michigan's advanced energy manufacturing sector – solar, wind, advanced energy storage and batteries, and biomass – generates $5 billion a year in economic activity and supports 20,500 jobs. The 65+ member companies are engaged in creating opportunities and jobs for Michigan through manufacturing, information technology, advanced transportation, agriculture, design, construction, research and development, and next-generation materials as well as energy generation, smart grid, energy efficiency and storage. In short, the organization is seeking to be the rallying point for the clean energy industry.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Federal Agencies Cannot Be Fined for Reliability Standard Violations
- EPA Releases Three Final Chemical Risk Assessments / Agency Identifies Health Concern from Chemical Used In Paint Strippers
- U.S. Navy Affirms Commitment to Use Alternative Fuels
- The North Carolina General Assembly has Adjourned, Sine Die Die Die!
- D.C. Circuit Vacates Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Order Upholding Monetary Penalty for Federal Agency Violation of Reliability Standards
- California: When the Earth Shakes, OSHA Listens