August 30, 2014
August 29, 2014
August 28, 2014
Quackenbush / Bakkal to Prepare Energy Report for the State of Michigan
Appendix A to Gov. Rick Snyder’s November energy/environment message sets forth a process for energy information gathering needed “regarding our energy choices in 2015.” Entitled Readying Michigan to Make Good Energy Decisions, it appoints Steve Bakkal, head of the Michigan Energy Office, and John Quackenbush, Chair of the Michigan Public Service Commission, to “convene a series of public participation opportunities.” The stated issues for consideration are:
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy generation
- Competitive supply (customer choice)
The two are charged with collecting energy information, identifying needed expertise, and arranging for the generation of additional information. Phase 1 of this effort will gather information through six public forums throughout the state and a website. The first two forums are scheduled for February 14 in Lansing and February 25 in Grand Rapids. After this initial phase there will be a time for analysis and additional information requests. A draft report will be put out for public comment, followed by a final report in November or December.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- U.S. Navy Affirms Commitment to Use Alternative Fuels
- The North Carolina General Assembly has Adjourned, Sine Die Die Die!
- D.C. Circuit Vacates Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) Order Upholding Monetary Penalty for Federal Agency Violation of Reliability Standards
- Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) Seeking to Overhaul Outer Continental Shelf (OCS) Offshore Financial Assurance Requirements
- Energy, Climate Change & Environmental Legislative Update-August 25, 2014
- India Coal Permits