September 02, 2014
September 01, 2014
August 31, 2014
Readying Michigan to Make Good Energy Decisions
The public input process announced in Appendix A of Governor Snyder’s Special Message on Energy and the Environment now has a website. The website has 89 questions, and asks for commenters to submit questions, information, reports and suggestions on what information is needed to make good energy decisions. In addition, seven 1 PM to 5 PM public forums have been set to receive information:
- Lansing, February 14, Library of Michigan
- Grand Rapids, February 25, Grand Valley State University, Loosemoore Auditorium
- University Center (Tri-Cities area), March 4, Delta College, Lecture Theater
- Kalamazoo, March 18, Western Michigan University, Fetzer Center
- Detroit, March 25, NextEnergy
- Marquette, April 12, Northern Michigan University, Don H. Bottum University Center
- Traverse City, April 22, Northwestern Michigan College, Hagerty Conference Center
The agenda for each event and speakers will be provided approximately two weeks before each session. There will be time reserved for interested members of the public to speak at the forums as well. The website will remain open for comments until April 25.
As he discussed in the State of the State address last week, Governor Snyder will rely on the results of this process when making his comprehensive recommendations regarding Michigan’s energy future in December.
Anyone and everyone with an interest in alternative and renewable energy needs to appear at one of these meetings and make at least a two or three sentence statement. If you can provide copies of data or reports then that information should be submit. Although a one year delay in energy policymaking is disappointing, there is the promise of a policy in December.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- Hawaii G-M-O: Kauai County GMO Regs Struck Down in Federal Court
- Health Care Law Update - August 25, 2014
- Energy & Environmental Law Update - August 11, 2014
- D.C. Circuit Rejects Toxic Tort Claims Based on Aerial Spraying of Herbicide
- Energy Technology Connections - July 2014
- Proposed Expanded Definition of Waters of the United States [VIDEO]