August 21, 2014
August 20, 2014
August 19, 2014
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Releases Long Awaited Draft EB-5 Policy Memorandum
In November of 2011, and later on in January of 2012, pursuant to a directive by USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas USCIS issued two draft policy memos meant to consolidate all EB-5 guidance into a single overarching policy memorandum. The EB-5 community has been awaiting a third iteration of that memorandum for over a year and on February 14, 2013, USCIS issued a new version meant to include stakeholder comments and policy changes enacted over the course of the past year. The Service will accept comments from the public on the draft guidance until April 1, 2013.
Comments on the memo can be emailed to email@example.com.
According to the USCIS website, the following information must be included when submitting comments:
- State the title of the relevant memo in the subject line of your message;
- Refer to a specific portion of the memo;
- Explain the reason for any recommended change; and
- Include data, information, or authority that supports the recommendation.
The USCIS website provides further details on the comment process.
<span class="advertise"> Advertisement </span>
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Schedules Quarterly EB-5 Stakeholder Teleconference for September 10th
- House Republicans Pass Bills to Discontinue DACA, Provide Funding to Address Border Crisis
- New York Legislature Considering State Citizenship to Undocumented Residents
- Department of State Releases September 2014 Visa Bulletin
- DOS and CBP Announce Fix for Certain Visa Applicants Who Are Experiencing Consular Delays Due to Recent Technical Challenges
- Technical Problems with Bureau of Consular Affairs’ Passport/Visa Issuance Systems