July 29, 2015
July 28, 2015
July 27, 2015
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Releases Long Awaited Draft EB-5 Policy Memorandum
In November of 2011, and later on in January of 2012, pursuant to a directive by USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas USCIS issued two draft policy memos meant to consolidate all EB-5 guidance into a single overarching policy memorandum. The EB-5 community has been awaiting a third iteration of that memorandum for over a year and on February 14, 2013, USCIS issued a new version meant to include stakeholder comments and policy changes enacted over the course of the past year. The Service will accept comments from the public on the draft guidance until April 1, 2013.
Comments on the memo can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
According to the USCIS website, the following information must be included when submitting comments:
- State the title of the relevant memo in the subject line of your message;
- Refer to a specific portion of the memo;
- Explain the reason for any recommended change; and
- Include data, information, or authority that supports the recommendation.
The USCIS website provides further details on the comment process.
- This Week in Congress – March 16, 2015 re: EPA Science Advisory Board Reform Act, NLRB, Trafficking, Executive Orders and more
- USCIS and DOL Shut Down H-2B Program
- Senate Foreign Relations Committee To Focus On Ukraine And The AUMF Against ISIL; Obama Administration Still Holding On New Sanctions Related To The Situation In Ukraine; Senate Republicans Write An Open Letter To Iran’s Leaders