Aaron R. Gelb, Shareholder
Aaron R. Gelb is a shareholder at Vedder Price P.C. and a member of the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Area. He represents employers in all aspects of equal employment opportunity, wrongful discharge and labor relations litigation before federal and state courts, federal, state and local fair employment and administrative agencies such as the EEOC, Illinois Department of Human Rights, Cook County Civil Rights Commission, the Department of Labor and National Labor Relations Board.
Mr. Gelb is particularly attuned to the demands and responsibilities of inside counsel having spent more than eight months serving as temporary employment counsel for a major client. Mr. Gelb also partners with human resources consultants to develop a multi-disciplinary approach that combines the operations expertise of experienced HR professionals with an attorney’s legal knowledge to develop real-world solutions in a cost-effective manner.
Mr. Gelb regularly counsels employers regarding a variety of labor and employment issues such as discipline and discharge, handbook and/or policy development/revision, disability accommodations, the Family and Medical Leave Act and other types of leaves of absence, harassment and other workplace investigations and management training.
- Vedder Price
Articles in the National Law Review database by Aaron R. Gelb:
- More of the Same: What to Expect from Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in 2013 (and Beyond) (Posted On Tue, 2013-03-05 18:38)
- Watch What They Say and What They Do: The Seventh Circuit Examines What Constitutes Notice of Employee Eligibility for FMLA Leave (Posted On Tue, 2012-12-04 21:10)
- Labor and Employment Law Newsletter: Sept. 2012 (Posted On Mon, 2012-09-17 18:01)
- Caught Between Scylla and Charybdis: Navigating Attendance Policy Enforcement and ADA Compliance (Posted On Thu, 2012-09-06 14:06)
- Riding the Escalator (Principle) Safely: Recent Appellate Court Decision Underscores Challenges Facing Employers Reinstating Returning Servicemembers (Posted On Sat, 2012-04-28 03:05)
- A Virtual Minefield: The NLRB and Social Media (Posted On Thu, 2011-11-17 09:00)
- Simple Steps Employers Can Take to Minimize the Risk of Preventable Lawsuits (Posted On Tue, 2011-05-17 08:49)
- Social Media: More Reasons to Pay Close Attention to What Your Employees Say and What Your Company Does About It (Posted On Tue, 2011-02-01 10:52)
- Misclassified Maintenance Worker Figures to Clean Up: Judge Holds He Was Not an Independent Contractor (Posted On Mon, 2011-01-31 09:19)
- Seventh Circuit Announces a New Standard for Retaliatory Discharge Claims Brought Under the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act (Posted On Wed, 2010-12-08 10:37)
- Recent EEOC Lawsuits Reinforce Need for Flexible Extended Leave Policies (Posted On Mon, 2010-11-29 14:49)
- Reasonable Accommodation Obligations Clarified for Employers Attempting to Reassign Disabled Employees (Posted On Tue, 2010-09-14 14:01)
- You’re Not Paranoid if Someone Really Is Watching You: Monitoring Employee Use of Social Media (Posted On Tue, 2010-08-31 13:37)