Anna Schwamlein Howard, Medicare Reimbursement and Health Policy Director
- (202) 230-5681
Anna Schwamlein Howard is the Medicare Reimbursement & Health Policy Director in the firm’s Health Government Relations team.
A nationally recognized authority on health care reform issues, Anna has considerable experience in government relations and regulatory affairs. Specifically, she has extensive knowledge with the Medicare Modernization Act, medical privacy and prescription drug issues, Medicare physician payment legislation, the Affordable Care Act, and other federal health issues impacting the lives of older Americans.
Prior to joining Drinker Biddle, Anna was a Senior Legislative Representative for AARP’s Federal Affairs Health and Long-Term Care Team. In this capacity Anna represented the interests of the 50+ population before the legislative and executive branches of government for a wide variety of health care matters, with a particular emphasis on Medicare and prescription drug issues. Anna has authored numerous congressional testimonies and other health policy materials related to health care issues that impact the 50+ population.
Anna publishes in the Capitol Health Record blog.
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Anna Schwamlein Howard:
- Office of Inspector General Issues Updated Bulletin on Exclusions from Federal Health Care Programs (Posted On Mon, 2013-05-20 09:02)
- Little Change in Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Score of Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) Fix (Posted On Fri, 2013-05-17 22:06)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Announces Innovation Grants (Posted On Fri, 2013-05-17 13:11)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Proposed Rule on Medicare Payments to Skilled Nursing Facilities (Posted On Fri, 2013-05-03 09:10)
- Tavenner Nomination Clears Senate Finance Committee (Posted On Wed, 2013-04-24 11:16)
- Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) Recommends Changes in Medicare Payments (Posted On Tue, 2013-03-19 10:55)
- FY 2014 Congressional Budgets (Posted On Fri, 2013-03-15 18:15)
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Releases Sequester Guidance (Posted On Sat, 2013-03-09 09:04)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) Reopens Public Hearing on Genetic Diagnostic Testing (Posted On Thu, 2013-03-07 04:47)
- Sequestration Becomes a Reality (Posted On Sat, 2013-03-02 16:15)
- Health and Human Services (HHS) - Essential Health Benefits Rule Finalized (Posted On Thu, 2013-02-21 16:08)
- New Score, New Hope for Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) Fix? Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Releases Budget and Economic Outlook (Posted On Thu, 2013-02-07 23:42)
- Physician Payment Sunshine Act Final Rule Released (Posted On Sat, 2013-02-02 16:08)
- House Passes Debt Ceiling Bill (Posted On Wed, 2013-01-23 19:15)
- HIPAA and HITECH Act Rule Summary (Posted On Mon, 2013-01-21 08:03)
- HHS Releases HIPAA and HITECH ACT Mega-Rule (Posted On Sat, 2013-01-19 14:09)
- Doctors Wait for SGR Fix (Posted On Sat, 2012-12-22 17:06)
- Dewonkify – SGR (Posted On Tue, 2012-12-11 21:04)
- HHS Extends State Exchange Deadline Yet Again (Posted On Mon, 2012-11-19 11:09)
- MedPAC Aims to Equalize Reimbursement Rates (Posted On Tue, 2012-11-13 14:10)
- Sequestration Fight Heats Up in Healthcare Law (Posted On Thu, 2012-09-13 17:02)
- The Individual Mandate – Third Argument is a Charm (Posted On Sat, 2012-06-30 23:02)