Charles H. Gardner, Special Counsel
Charles H. Gardner serves as Special Counsel in the Intellectual Property & Technology group and head of the firm's social media practice. With extensive experience as a media executive, in-house counsel and litigator, Charles represents a broad range of clients on technology, social media, business and intellectual property matters, with a particular eye toward navigating the legal challenges and opportunities arising from the intersection of new media technology with traditional business issues.
In today's new-media-driven environment, even the most traditional businesses are effectively creating "entertainment" content simply by virtue of having an Internet presence and providing written, audio and/or visual content—whether through user-generated website content, the use of Intranets and social media, or the creation of digital products and services. In addition to a focus on traditional business law and intellectual property protection, Charles works with clients to develop and document policies, create and implement procedures and programs, and conduct compliance audits related to the use of the Internet, new media and social media technologies and to stay on top of the ever-evolving regulations and best practices. He assists clients with intellectual property protection and claim management (including DMCA claims, copyright claims, trade secret protection, and protection of underlying source code and software integrity), as well as matters involving phishing, spamming, trolling, malware and spyware infections, hate speech, personal attacks and identity theft.
- Much Shelist, P.C.
Articles in the National Law Review database by Charles H. Gardner:
- When is Your Company’s Social Media Policy an Unfair Labor Practice? Recent NLRB Decisions Offer Long-Awaited Guidance for Employers (Posted On Mon, 2012-12-03 02:14)
- Social Media Account Ownership: Big Picture Tips for Illinois Employers (Posted On Sat, 2012-12-01 14:08)
- Employers Beware: 'Facebook Law' Protects Employees' Social Networking Privacy (Posted On Fri, 2012-08-31 08:01)
- When the Sky's the Limit, Don't Forget the Basics: Social Media, the Internet and Your Business (Posted On Tue, 2012-05-22 02:55)
- Electronically Stored Information, Social Media and the Rules of Professional Conduct: Are you compliant with your duties of competence and diligence? (Posted On Mon, 2012-02-13 11:46)