Corporate Practice Group
One of the firm's core strengths, our Corporate practice, assists clients throughout the United States and abroad in maximizing their business opportunities. We represent clients that range from private to public companies and from startups and emerging businesses to international corporations. We are proud to offer CRADLE TO LIQUIDITY® services.
We provide general business legal advice, assist in structuring and implementing major transactions, prepare agreements to address unique business arrangements and consult with clients to resolve major business and ownership issues. We handle such matters as initial and later stage venture and other financings; leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations; public offerings; mergers and acquisitions; SEC compliance; private equity transactions; real estate capital markets transactions; corporate, LLC and partnership formation; and corporate partnering, joint venture and other strategic alliance arrangements. Because of our diverse client base, we have experience representing substantial entities in complicated multinational and multi-state transactions, as well as advising smaller and emerging clients on the full spectrum of business matters.
- Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Corporate Practice Group:
- Second Circuit Reverses Class Certification Order, Holding That a Clearing Broker's Alleged Knowledge of Fraud Against Shareholders, Absence Direct Involvement, Is Insufficient to Create a Duty of Disclosure (Posted On Wed, 2013-03-27 19:02)
- U.S. Supreme Court Holds that Class Action Securities Fraud Plaintiffs Need Not Prove the Materiality of the Alleged False Statements or Omissions to Support Certification of a Class, Resolving Circuit Split (Posted On Sat, 2013-03-09 00:30)
- California Supreme Court Resolves Court of Appeal Split, Holding that Section 2010 of the California Corporations Code -- California's "Survival Statute" -- Does Not Apply to Foreign Corporations (Posted On Fri, 2013-03-01 03:46)
- File for Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) Tax Refunds Before April 15 (Posted On Wed, 2013-02-20 05:18)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Proposes Amendments To The Hart-Scott-Rodino Rules Regarding Withdrawal Of A Premerger Notification Filing (Posted On Sun, 2013-02-10 14:05)
- New IRS Regulations Regarding Noncompensatory Partnership Options Effective Immediately (Posted On Sat, 2013-02-09 08:15)
- Recent Tax Law Changes of 2013 (Posted On Wed, 2013-01-16 08:17)
- China's Supreme People's Court Issues Notice on Trial of Cases Involving Transfers of Nonperforming Assets to Foreign Investors (Posted On Thu, 2011-01-20 10:12)