Kate Paradise, Associate
Kate's practice is focused in the areas of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation. She assists public and private employers with the full range of qualified and non-qualified plans, welfare benefit plans, fringe benefit plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans and executive compensation plans, including matters concerning ERISA, Internal Revenue Code, HIPAA and COBRA compliance.
- Advising private and public sector employers in the operation of retirement plans and executive compensation packages, including matters concerning ERISA and Internal Revenue Code compliance.
- Advising clients regarding welfare and fringe benefit plans, including COBRA, HIPAA and non-discrimination issues.
- Counseling employers on administrative and compliance issues, including assistance in correcting qualification failures, prohibited transactions and fiduciary breaches.
- Poyner Spruill LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Kate Paradise:
- Employer Responsibility – Will You Pay or Play? (Posted On Wed, 2013-05-15 20:18)
- Final HIPAA/HITECH Rules: Compliance Actions for Employee Benefit Plans (Posted On Wed, 2013-03-13 01:03)
- Employers Must Prepare to Report Health Coverage on W-2 Forms (Posted On Tue, 2011-07-05 17:13)
- Court Upholds Financial Penalties in Wellness Programs Under the ADA (Posted On Mon, 2011-05-23 16:24)
- “Reasonable” Security: The FTC Requires It, But What Is "Reasonable" Security? (Posted On Thu, 2010-09-30 09:41)
- Health Care Reform: Open Enrollment Communications (Posted On Thu, 2010-08-05 13:54)
- Group Health Plan Eligibility, COBRA and the Importance of Clear Leave of Absence Policies (Posted On Tue, 2009-09-01 22:22)
- CHIP Act Creates Special Enrollment Rights and Disclosure Obligations for Group Health Plans (Posted On Fri, 2009-08-14 11:32)