Kevin J. Walsh, Member
- (617) 348-1622
Kevin is a Member in the firm’s Boston office, practicing in the Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Commercial Law Section. His practice focuses on all aspects of bankruptcy and commercial law, workouts, restructurings, and commercial lending transactions, including negotiating and documenting commercial loans and credits.
Kevin represents corporate debtors, secured and unsecured lenders, trustees, bondholders, committees, lessors and lessees, and other entities in out-of-court restructuring and bankruptcy proceedings. He has significant experience in distressed acquisitions and divestitures, complex commercial transactions, and business litigation.
Kevin’s lending experience includes the representation of many lenders, as well as corporate borrowers, in matters involving working capital and asset based financings, acquisition loans, and syndicated credit facilities. Kevin has been involved in a wide variety of debt financings, including receivables securitizations, senior and subordinated debt issues, and bond financing involving a federally recognized Indian tribal government.
Kevin has written articles and lectured in a variety of legal and business forums, including Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, on various topics related to bankruptcies, restructurings, and commercial lending, including bankruptcy sales (both buyer and seller perspectives), recharacterization of equity and equitable subordination, recognizing bankruptcy risks in second lien lending situations, negotiating credit agreements, and enforcing guaranties.
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
Articles in the National Law Review database by Kevin J. Walsh:
- Where Do Your Interests Lie Under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code? (Posted On Wed, 2013-05-01 04:30)
- To Release Or Not to Release – If That Is the Question, What Is the Answer? (Posted On Sun, 2013-04-07 13:19)
- An Insider’s Guide to Evading Absolute Priority? Seventh Circuit: New Value Competition Requirements Apply to Insiders (Posted On Fri, 2013-03-08 17:08)
- How Does Bankruptcy Affect Rights Under an Agreement Not to Sue on Patents? (Posted On Tue, 2013-01-15 22:09)
- Bankruptcy Abroad: US Creditors’ Rights Remain Relevant in Chapter 15 (Posted On Sun, 2012-12-23 02:11)
- Sunbeam Decision Gives a Ray of Hope to Intellectual Property Licensees (Posted On Fri, 2012-07-27 07:05)
- Supreme Court Upholds the Right to “Credit bid” in RadLAX Gateway Hotel, LLC, et al. v. Amalgamated Bank (Posted On Mon, 2012-06-25 22:49)
- TOUSA 3.0: Eleventh Circuit Holds Lenders to High Standards (Posted On Fri, 2012-06-01 13:00)
- Arbitration Limitation: Ninth Circuit Holds That a Bankruptcy Court May Refuse to Enforce an Arbitration Clause (Posted On Tue, 2012-05-22 02:27)
- Buyer Beware: 363 Sale May Not Absolve Successor Liability (Posted On Fri, 2012-04-20 13:47)