Mark D. Nelson , Partner
- (312) 569-1326
Mark D. Nelson is a partner in the Labor & Employment Practice Group. Mark has represented management in labor relations and employment discrimination law for 25 years. He has extensive experience representing employers in a wide variety of industries in labor matters, including union avoidance, union organizing campaigns, labor disputes and unfair labor practice proceedings.
Mark also has considerable experience representing employers in arbitration hearings on issues such as discharge, discipline, contract interpretation and management rights. He has negotiated numerous collective bargaining agreements, including initial contracts and successor agreements, for employers in health care, manufacturing and service industries. He regularly provides advice and counsel regarding contract administration and interpretation to clients who have collective bargaining relationships, as well as client who wish to avoid them.
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Mark D. Nelson :
- Federal Appeals Court Rejects National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) Union Poster Rule (Posted On Fri, 2013-05-10 09:15)
- Firing Employees Who Don’t Get Flu Shots: What Risks Do Hospitals Face? (Posted On Thu, 2013-01-24 16:01)
- Bye-Bye, Big Labor? What Michigan’s “Right to Work” Law Means for Employers (Posted On Wed, 2013-01-23 12:15)
- Board Reverses 34-year Rule and Requires Employers to Give Unions Actual Witness Statement (Posted On Thu, 2013-01-10 09:03)
- D.C. Court of Appeals Refuses to Enforce NLRB Ban on Offensive Employee Clothing (Posted On Fri, 2012-12-21 13:57)
- Discrimination Claims Based on Denial of Religious Clothing Is “Low Hanging Fruit” to EEOC (Posted On Fri, 2012-09-07 08:02)
- How the “Ambush” Election Process Will Work: NLRB’s Acting General Counsel Issues Guidance on New Procedures (Posted On Wed, 2012-05-02 17:09)