Matt Schneller, Associate
Matt Schneller counsels clients on matters related to trademarks, domain names and copyright prosecution and enforcement, in the U.S. and internationally. Matt helps clients with selecting, clearing, registering, and licensing trademarks and copyrights. He also helps clients enforce their intellectual property rights against third parties, from cease-and-desist letters to negotiated settlements to administrative litigation before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). He has represented apparel companies, financial services firms, major software companies, Internet media companies, pharmaceutical companies, and more.
Matt has particular domain name registration, transfer, and enforcement experience. He has counseled companies from startups to Fortune 500 firms on developing comprehensive registration and proactive brand protection strategies, has advised clients on launches of top-level domain name spaces, and has assisted firms in expanding to country-specific domain name extensions. He helps companies protect their intellectual property assets online by tracking and monitoring third-party infringements, stopping sales and auctions of infringing and counterfeit products, taking down sites offering content that violated his client's IP rights, and securing the transfer of infringing domain names through arbitration proceedings under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy.
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Matt Schneller:
- Key Trademark Rights Protection Mechanism for New Top-Level Domains Opens March 26, 2013 (Posted On Fri, 2013-03-01 12:03)
- A Red-Leather Day: Giving Single Color Trademarks in the Fashion Industry a Little Sole (Posted On Mon, 2012-09-17 14:05)
- How to Feel About the "Big Reveal": Roundup on the Land Rush for New gTLD Applications (Posted On Sat, 2012-06-16 03:05)
- What's the Deal with the "Big Reveal"? Getting Exposed to the List of New gTLD Applicants and Applications (Posted On Wed, 2012-06-13 05:13)
- Curtain Call: Supremes Bow to Congressional Authority on Copyright Terms (Posted On Thu, 2012-02-02 17:00)
- A Green Light to Block Red Light Domain Names (Posted On Thu, 2011-12-08 09:00)
- Block Your Valuable Brand from .XXX (Posted On Fri, 2011-08-26 19:00)
- Brand Owners Prepare! ICANN Approves Seismic Shift of Internet Proportions by Expanding Generic Top-Level Domains (Posted On Tue, 2011-06-21 15:00)
- ICANN Steamrolls Forward with New Generic TLD Program and .xxx TLD (Posted On Sat, 2011-03-26 09:42)