I. Paul Mandelkern, Partner
- 407- 418-6246
Partner Paul Mandelkern focuses his legal practice on health law, corporate law, and mergers and acquisitions. In his health law practice, Paul routinely represents hospitals, physicians and other health care providers, and managed care companies. On behalf of client hospitals, medical group practices, and individual physicians, he has drafted and negotiated various agreements for compliance with the Stark Law, the Anti-Kickback Statute, and the Florida Patient Self-Referral Act, including joint venture agreements, physician recruitment agreements, leases, and employment agreements.
Additionally, Paul has experience in the formation of corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies, joint ventures and other entities. Prior to joining the firm, Paul served as the General Counsel of a publicly-traded, multi-state specialty health care company, and he was responsible for all state and federal health care regulatory compliance, mergers and acquisitions, joint venture agreements, employment and independent contractor agreements, and risk management.
- Lowndes, Drosdick, Doster, Kantor & Reed, P.A.
Articles in the National Law Review database by I. Paul Mandelkern:
- Federal Appeals Court Rules That HIPAA Overrides Florida Nursing Home Records Law (Posted On Mon, 2013-05-06 05:35)
- Florida Physician Pays Historic Amount To Settle False Claims Act Case (Posted On Wed, 2013-03-13 08:08)
- Does the Use of Electronic Health Records Lead to Increased Billing Fraud? (Posted On Tue, 2012-11-13 03:02)
- Compensation Provisions in Physician – Hospital Employment Agreements: A Pot of Gold or Fool’s Gold? (Posted On Fri, 2012-07-13 13:04)
- CMS Rules that Non-Compete Provision Complies with Stark Law’s Physician Recruitment Exception (Posted On Fri, 2011-11-04 07:00)
- CMS and OIG Propose Waivers of Certain Fraud and Abuse Laws for Accountable Care Organizations (Posted On Mon, 2011-04-18 15:37)
- ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS: COMING SOON TO A PHYSICIAN’S OFFICE NEAR YOU (Posted On Tue, 2010-04-06 16:04)