Paul S. Maco, Partner
Paul Maco practices in the areas of federal securities and commodities law, corporate governance, and public finance. A former senior official at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), his transactional, regulatory, enforcement and enforcement defense experience brings a comprehensive perspective to the needs of his clients, whom he represents before the SEC, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in enforcement, regulatory, and compliance matters.
Paul advises clients on compliance and corporate governance matters, conducts internal investigations, serves as special disclosure counsel and counsel in municipal securities transactions, and coordinates public finance activities in the firm’s Washington office. His clients include broker-dealers and municipal securities dealers, large and medium sized investment banks, bond counsel, individuals, corporations, state and local governments, foreign securities and commodities regulators, a foreign securities exchange, and an international investment advisor of a sovereign wealth fund.
As a member of the Board of Advisers to the Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority Board of Directors, Paul has advised on the development of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) corporate governance laws as well as securities and commodities regulations. He has experience advising on the revision of sovereign wealth fund governance and organizational structures, as well as the development and implementation of rules and regulations at securities and commodities exchanges outside the United States.
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Paul S. Maco:
- SEC Extends Municipal Advisor Final Rulemaking Deadline One Year (Posted On Mon, 2012-09-24 14:04)
- The House Cracks the Ice. Will the SEC Sail Through with Municipal Advisor Rules? (Posted On Fri, 2012-09-21 10:04)
- The UAE Securities and Commodities Authority Issues Investment Fund Regulations Adopting a "Twin Peaks" Regulatory Approach (Posted On Tue, 2012-09-18 21:06)
- SEC Issues Risk Alert on Campaign Contributions and Pay-to-Play Prohibitions (Posted On Fri, 2012-09-07 23:09)
- Implementation Guidance Issued for Municipal Bond Underwriters on Extensive New Written Disclosures Required for State and Local Governments (Posted On Thu, 2012-08-02 17:06)
- Extensive New Disclosure Requirements for Underwriters of Municipal Securities Take Effect August 2, 2012 (Posted On Mon, 2012-05-21 01:12)