Robyn S. Shapiro, Partner
Robyn S. Shapiro is a partner in the Health Care Practice Group. She has significant experience in representing clients with respect to bioethics issues, medical staff matters, health information privacy, informed consent, regulatory and licensing matters, human subjects research compliance and employment and other business issues. Robyn's past positions as Ursula Von der Ruhr professor of bioethics and director of the Bioethics Center at the Medical College of Wisconsin complement her wide-ranging experience in health law. Nightingale's Healthcare Newsnamed her one of 10 Outstanding Hospital Lawyers for 2006, and in 2006 she was one of 12 honorees selected as "Leader in the Law" by theWisconsin Law Journal.
Robyn publishes in the Life Sciences Now blog.
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Robyn S. Shapiro:
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) Reopens Public Hearing on Genetic Diagnostic Testing (Posted On Thu, 2013-03-07 04:47)
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS’s) Final “Sunshine” Rule: Implications for Research (Posted On Fri, 2013-02-15 17:02)
- HIPAA/HITECH Omnibus Final Rule: Implications for Healthcare Research (Posted On Sat, 2013-02-02 12:03)
- Massachusetts Refines Its Sunshine Law; Final Federal Sunshine Regulations Moving Ahead (Posted On Fri, 2012-12-07 06:09)
- First-Ever Electronic Medical Records and Advanced Imaging Technology Being Brought to 2012 London Olympics (Posted On Mon, 2012-07-23 12:02)
- U.S. Supreme Court’s Affordable Care Act Decision: Impacts on Life Sciences (Posted On Fri, 2012-06-29 15:06)
- New FDA Informed Consent Requirements for Applicable Clinical Trials: Practical Approaches for Implementation (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-26 03:05)
- World’s First Stem-Cell Drug Approval Achieved in Canada (Posted On Mon, 2012-06-25 14:05)
- U.S. Clinical Trial Website Pairing — a Need for Privacy Safeguards (Posted On Sun, 2012-06-24 12:31)
- CMS’s Proposed “Sunshine” Regulations: Implications for Research (Posted On Tue, 2012-02-21 04:30)