Securities and Futures Regulation Practice
Schiff Hardin is proud to have nationally recognized expertise in securities and futures regulation. In 2010 our practice was nationally ranked by Chambers USA — America's Leading Lawyers for Business in Financial Services Regulation: Broker Dealer (Compliance).
Distinctive and Distinguished Practice
Our securities and futures regulation team is respected throughout the securities and futures industries, and represents a broad range of clients involved in the formation, distribution, trading, advising and transfer of securities and futures products and services. Our attorneys have provided counsel to many broker-dealers and futures traders and to the Chicago Board Options Exchange and Chicago Stock Exchange over the years, as well as to investment advisers, mutual fund complexes, hedge funds, private equity funds, variable insurance product developers and transfer agents.
In addition to a comprehensive understanding of the equities and debt markets, we have spent years helping industry leaders create and trade on a global basis the most widely used derivative instruments, from standardized options (we were instrumental in the birth of these instruments at the Chicago Board Options Exchange and The Options Clearing Corporation) to over-the-counter derivatives and exchange-traded futures. We counsel markets, trading firms, investment managers, mutual funds, hedge funds and their directors, and corporate issuers and their officers and directors with respect to their obligations under the complex web of laws and regulations governing use of these instruments.
We have a reputation for "outside the box" creative thinking in securities and futures regulatory matters and for bringing about desired results.
- Schiff Hardin LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by Securities and Futures Regulation Practice:
- Customer Clearing Documentation, Timing of Acceptance for Clearing of Swaps for Clearing (Posted On Wed, 2012-06-06 17:33)
- Dodd-Frank Rulemakings (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-05 23:05)
- CFTC/FERC Turf Battle Back in Federal Court (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-05 12:05)
- CFTC Proposes Exemptions for Foreign Regulators (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-05 03:05)
- ICI and Chamber Sue Commodity Futures Trading Commission "CFTC" Over Fund Adviser Rule (Posted On Sun, 2012-06-03 15:50)
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission "CFTC" Rescinds Popular CPO Exemption (Posted On Sun, 2012-06-03 09:54)
- Federal Judge in New York Denies Motion to Dismiss CFTC’s Manipulation Suit Against Parnon Energy (Posted On Sun, 2012-06-03 02:20)
- Volcker Rule: Federal Reserve: Compliance with Volcker Rule Required by July 2014 (Posted On Sat, 2012-06-02 07:23)
- Brokers’ Unauthorized Misstatements Imputed To Firm In SEC Enforcement Action (Posted On Thu, 2012-05-24 16:30)