William R. Horwitz , Counsel
- (973) 549-7142
William R. Horwitz is counsel in the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group. He advises employers regarding employment related issues and defends employers in litigation before state and federal courts as well as before administrative agencies and in arbitration. As a former prosecutor with the Queens County District Attorney’s Office, where he specialized in appellate litigation, together with his representation of employers for over fifteen years, Bill has extensive litigation experience in both New York and New Jersey courts. Bill’s cases have arisen in a variety of industries including healthcare, life sciences, finance, hospitality and retail.Bill has defended employers against a wide range of employment claims including allegations of whistleblowing, retaliation, sexual harassment, disability and race discrimination, breach of contract, and wage and hour class actions. Bill has also represented financial institutions, commercial landlords and retail establishments in Americans with Disabilities Act accessibility cases.
A member of the firm’s Competitive Advantage, Trade Secret and Computer Fraud and Abuse Team, Bill also represents clients in disputes involving restrictive covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition, and has litigated these claims in various states, including TRO and preliminary injunction hearings. In addition, Bill works with companies to develop new or improve existing policies, procedures and agreements to safeguard confidential information and business relationships.
Bill publishes in the Labor Sphere blog.
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
Articles in the National Law Review database by William R. Horwitz :
- Second Circuit Rejects Application of McDonnell Douglas to New York City Human Rights Law – But Grants Summary Judgment Under More Lenient Analysis (Posted On Sat, 2013-02-23 05:35)
- Whistleblower Lawsuit Against Drug Maker Fails Because “Off-Guideline” Marketing Does Not Constitute “Off-Label” Marketing (Posted On Tue, 2012-11-27 13:06)
- Extreme Weather, Natural Disasters and Personnel Issues (Posted On Sat, 2012-11-03 05:14)
- Seventh Circuit: ADA Gives Disabled Employees Priority For Vacant Positions (Posted On Sat, 2012-10-13 09:07)
- Third Circuit Addresses The Notice An Employee Must Give Of Unforeseeable FMLA Leave (Posted On Sat, 2012-09-08 00:14)
- New York High Court: No At-Will Exception For Complaining Hedge Fund Executive (Posted On Tue, 2012-06-26 09:51)