When Do You Call a Coverage Lawyer?
All too often, the insurance coverage lawyer is an afterthought in the litigation process. The players are familiar - plaintiff's personal injury or class counsel, defense counsel retained by the policyholder or primary insurer, and claims representatives for the primary and excess insurers. The periphery includes the policyholder's general counsel or risk manager and the excess insurers' monitoring counsel. Why would anyone call a coverage lawyer? This panel will focus on recent experiences in which coverage counsel, both on the policyholder and insurer side, were retained to play an important part in the litigation and settlement process.
Jill Berkeley (TIPS) and Angela Elbert (Litigation), Co-Chairs and Moderators, Neal Gerber & Eisenberg, Chicago
- Patti Bobb, Law Offices of Patti Bobb, Chicago, Illinois
- Karen J. Golden, Director, Risk Management, Kraft Foods, Inc., Northfield, IL
- Michael S. Franklin, Director - Specialty Strategic Claims, CNA Insurance, Chicago, IL
Fee: No Charge
Participate live on-site at Neal Gerber Eisenberg or receive the program on demand shortly after it concludes.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Neal Gerber Eisenberg
Registration: 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. CT
Program: 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. CT
A continental breakfast will be served.
While there is no charge for the program, all attendees must register in advance due to space limitations. For further information, please contact the Neal Gerber Eisenberg Events line at (312) 269-1710 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location of Program
Neal Gerber Eisenberg Conference Center
Two North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Continuing Education Credits
This program is approved for 1.0 Illinois MCLE credit hours© 2014 Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP.
- High Tide for Lapse Cases? New York Federal Court Holds That Investor Lawsuit Is Not Barred by Statute of Limitations
- Health Care Law Update - April 14, 2014
- US v. Quality Stores, Inc.: Supreme Courts Finds Severance Payments Taxable Wages Under FICA - Federal Insurance Contributions Act
- The Assault on the ACA (Affordable Care Act) Continues in the Federal Appeals Courts
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Extends Medicare Coverage to Same-Sex Couples
- Both Sides Face Tough Questions As The Supreme Court Hears Oral Argument Regarding the Contraceptive Mandate
- PTAB (Patent Trial and Appeal Board) Reluctant to Exclude Evidence: Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. v. Progressive Casualty Insurance Co.
- The New York Court of Appeals Considers the Consequences of a Liability Insurer’s Breach of the Duty to Defend