Key Governance Developments: A Conversation with Professor Charles Elson
Corporate governance is influenced by a wide range of government regulations, legislative initiatives, stakeholder and public demands, responsibilities to investors and case law. On this episode, Michael Peregrine welcomes Professor Charles Elson, Director of the John L. Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, for a discussion on the complexities of corporate law and governance today.
Mr. Elson's perspective on corporate governance best practices and recent cases from the Delaware courts will benefit directors of public, private and nonprofit corporations alike, and reminds us that the law of corporate governance is constantly evolving and being extended in new and different ways.
You will learn:
- The balance between Corporate Social Responsibility and fiduciary duty
- Board oversight of workforce culture
- Key messages from the Delaware courts on corporate M&A
- Independent directors and effective oversight
- Overboarding and issues of director engagement
- Trends in director liability exposure