EMILY E. BAJCSI is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the firm's Boston and Washington, DC, offices. She was named to the Massachusetts Rising Stars list (2016, 2017) in the area of Health Care.
Ms. Bajcsi's practice focuses on fraud and abuse, federal and state regulatory, and compliance issues affecting a broad range of health care stakeholders, including home health agencies, hospices, rehabilitation agencies, and other post-acute and long-term care providers; hospitals and health systems; medical transportation providers; pharmaceutical and device manufacturers; physician organizations; and investors and other financial institutions that invest in or support the health care industry.
- Represents and defends health care entities in connection with government audits and investigations relating to health care fraud and abuse
- Assists clients in responding to government inquiries, including subpoenas and audit requests, and manages all phases of discovery from preservation and e-discovery to production
- Counsels clients and conducts internal investigations related to federal and state health care fraud, abuse, billing, and regulatory compliance issues
- Assists clients with preparing voluntary self-disclosures
- Advises clients on legal and regulatory matters arising under Medicare, Medicaid, and other third-party reimbursement programs, including provider enrollment and participation, as well as coding, coverage payment, and medical necessity documentation issues
- Counsels clients on health regulatory and reimbursement issues affecting the planning and structuring of health care transactions and business arrangements
- Assists clients in developing, implementing, and evaluating health care corporate compliance programs
During law school, Ms. Bajcsi worked as a legal intern for the health and disability unit of a Boston legal services organization, counseling clients regarding Medicare and Medicaid enrollment eligibility and benefits.