CMS Direct Contracting Model: Evaluating Participation and Managing Risk [WEBINAR]
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Direct Contracting Model presents an exciting move towards value-based care with benefits for participants, providers and patients alike. However, the model raises a number of complex legal, policy and economic questions that participants or entities considering participation must address to effectively manage risk while meeting patient and provider needs.
McDermott Will & Emery, McDermott+Consulting and BDO have combined their legal, economic and policy expertise to outline the issues organizations should address. The webinar will explore:
• Differences between the Direct Contracting Model, Medicare Advantage and CMS ACOs/MSSP
• The economic value proposition of the Direct Contracting Model
• Governance requirements and considerations for participants, including governing body composition and control
• Operational considerations, including readiness assessments and pathway selection
• Risk assessments, including state risk-bearing entity and risk-based capital requirements