Digital Health at Scale: A Payor’s Perspective
The COVID-19 pandemic has catalyzed efforts by health insurers to expand reimbursement for telehealth services and digital health tools, and develop and invest in their own digital health tools. Health insurers, who increasingly play a hybrid role of payor, innovator and provider, have a vested interest in helping consumers manage chronic diseases and engage in preventive care from home, both during the public health emergency and after.
Join McDermott and leaders from Humana, Oscar and Medorion as we explore the role of health insurers in the evolving digital health market. Topics will include:
- Pre-pandemic efforts to integrate digital health capabilities into the traditional health insurance framework
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted coverage for telehealth and digital health tools
- Digital member engagement before, during and after COVID-19
- Reimbursement pathways and laws impacting reimbursement
- Unique health insurer partnerships and investments in technology
- The outlook for 2021 and beyond
Learn more about this series here.