Employee Benefits Broadcast: February 2018
Please join Foley’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation and Labor & Employment teams as we discuss timely and crucial developments for employers.
Topics will include:
- IRS Enforcement of ACA Employer Mandate Penalties and Status of EEOC Wellness Regulations
Learn about your Affordable Care Act tax reporting requirements and what to do if you receive an Affordable Care Act employer mandate penalty notice. Get a status report on the EEOC’s wellness regulations and get ready for potential wellness program changes that may be required for the 2019 plan year.
- SPDs, Disability Claims, Updates
Refresh your memory regarding the SPD requirements and common best practices, and get the latest on what’s happening with the disability regulations. Following that, learn about some important changes to fees for corrective filings as well as modifications to the loan repayment rules for retirement plans.
- Joint Employer Issues
The legal rules governing joint employment relationships and the potential for such relationships to exist even where employers do not intend to enter such a relationship have become a polarized topic where questions abound but clarity remains elusive. Listen in for a summary on the recent evolution of the joint employment landscape, discussion of how joint employment risks can create latent liabilities, and thoughts on managing joint employment risks in an uncertain era.
Speakers will include:
- Marian E. Dodson
- Isaac J. Morris
- Christopher G. Ward
For questions about this program, please contact Kayla Huven at firstname.lastname@example.org
- EPA Posts Videos and FAQs on WPS and AEZ
- The Supreme Court Holds That Federal Courts Must Interpret Collective Bargaining Agreements in Accordance with “Ordinary Contract Principles;” Rejects So-Called “Yard-Man” Inferences
- Wisconsin Supreme Court Splashes Cold-Water on the Enforceability of Non-Solicitation of Employee Covenants