HR Hour Grand Rapids
On December 13, 2018, Governor Snyder signed the Paid Medical Leave Act. The Act as signed contains significant changes from the original version passed by the Senate. The Act will take effect on March 29, 2019. Employers with 50 or more employees are subject to the Act but not all employees are covered by the Act. Covered employers are required to adopt a policy providing for accrual of paid sick leave or by frontloading 40 hours of paid sick leave to eligible employees and new hires.
Join members of Varnum's Labor and Employment Team on February 21 or February 27, 2019, for a discussion of the Act's requirements for employers. During this one hour discussion we will review:
- Who is a covered employer
- Which employees are eligible and which are excluded
- What are an employer's notice and posting requirements
- What are the policy considerations – pros and cons of frontloading hours vs accrual
- What is the interplay between existing paid time off policies and paid sick leave
This one-hour program includes an opportunity to network with other professionals over coffee and pastries and is designed to provide the information you need to comply with the Act.
Q&A will follow the presentation.