Keeping up with Tax-exempt Bond Developments
While the IRS has set a priority to address guidance related to the 2017 Tax Act changes, it also has released a long awaited guidance on tax-exempt bonds.
At the end of last year, the IRS Commissioner’s side went through an extensive reorganization which affected the tax-exempt bond group. Congress was also busy proposing an infrastructure bill referred to as the Move America Act of 2019. Join Ballard Spahr attorneys as we discuss the new developments for tax-exempt bonds including:
- Updated public approval processes
- Proposed reissuance regulations for tender option and multimodal bonds
- Additional procedures for curing excess private business use
- Lessons learned from the management contract guidance
- Audit initiatives and Congressional Proposals
- Revisions to IRS forms to reflect 2017 Tax Act changes
- Avoiding mistakes on Schedule K of IRS form 990
- News from the Trump Trade War Front: Tariffs Likely to Increase March 2; Exclusion Request Process May be Available
- Feeling GILTI Enough to Make a Section 962 Election?
- Understanding the Excise Tax on Executive Compensation Paid by Tax-Exempt Organizations—Part II: Who Are My Organization’s Covered Employees, and What Counts as Remuneration?