New Developments in HIPPA Regulation & Enforcement: LOOKING BACK AT 2017, WHAT TO EXPECT IN 2018
Please join us for a review of HIPAA privacy and security regulatory developments and enforcement in 2017, with some thoughts on what to expect in this space in 2018.
Topics of discussion will include:
- The recent lag in Office for Civil Rights (OCR) settlements: An anomaly or the "new normal"?
- Recent OCR enforcement actions
- Lessons learned from the HIPAA Phase 2 audits.
- Responding to the threat of ransomware after WannaCry.
- OCR guidance on disaster response and sharing of opiod use information.
Copyright © 2018 by Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP. All Rights Reserved.