Privacy & Data Considerations During—and After—a Pandemic [WEBINAR]
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we do almost everything, accelerating the use of artificial intelligence (AI) and new technologies, and creating vast new troves of sensitive personal information. Yet the question remains: How will all of this data be used, shared and secured? Success in the new digital economy requires trust in the quality of the data and transparency as to how it will be used and with whom it is shared—all underscored by the question of how “private” we really want to be.
In adapting to what has become the de facto “new normal,” it is clear that nimble and agile businesses, embracing a fast track toward digital transformation, have emerged as winners.
Panelists will address:
- Success of the new digital economy—considerations of trust and transparency
- “Dark patterns” and other influences on our perceptions and choices related to privacy
- A renewed focus on data protection and the evolution and impact of global privacy laws
- The role of self-regulation in privacy decision-making—compliance with legal and regulatory requirements versus the “right thing to do”
- Looking forward to 2021 and beyond