July 26, 2021
- Five Financing Challenges in European Healthcare Private Equity in... by: Sharon Lamb and Dr. Stephan Rau
- Surprise Billing Regulations: Impact on Out-Of-Network Providers by: Anthony P. La Rocco and George P. Barbatsuly
- Will Louisiana's New Laws for Self-Driving Delivery Devices... by: David Laborde
- Episode 16: Community Health Centers: Issues Facing FQHCs Today [... by: Adam J. Hepworth
- Second Circuit Follows Other Recent Circuit Opinions Re: Private... by: Keith S. Anderson and Alexandra Dugan
- How to Plan a Summer Vacation as a Lawyer by: Practice Panther Blog
- Impact of President Biden's Tax Plan on Estate Planning by: Jeffrey M. Glogower and Stephen J. Bahr
- A Practical Guide to Claiming the COBRA Premium Assistance Tax Credit by: Paul M Hamburger and Jennifer Rigterink
- Updated Generic HACCP Model for Beef Slaughter by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- FTC Announces Increased Support for “Right to Repair” by: Grant H. Cokeley
- Weekly IRS Roundup July 19 – July 23, 2021 by: Le Chen
- U.S. And The EU Suspend Airbus, Boeing Tariffs by: David M. Spooner and Linda M. Weinberg
- Unprofessional and Unnecessary: TCPA Defendant’s Rush to Seek... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Stay In or Get Out? Employers Should Evaluate Their Options Under the... by: Morris L. Hawk
- Information Blocking and HIPAA’s Right to Access – Is Your Practice... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti
- The IRS Adds Helpful New Features to Its Correction Program by: Craig A. Day and Kellie M. Thomas
- Ethylene Oxide: The Litigation Risks and Regulatory Issues Ahead by: David A. Fusco and Joseph F. Lagrotteria
- Plead the Fifth?: New Decision Underscores Why Potential Criminal... by: Eric J. Troutman
- New Connecticut Law Expands Authority of DDS to Consent to Emergency... by: Nathaniel T. Arden and Michael G. Lisitano
- Senate Confirms Biden Nominee Jennifer Abruzzo as NLRB General... by: Steven M. Swirsky and Christopher Shur
- DOL Plan Audits Updated to Include Several Questions About Compliance... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti
- Australia’s Greatest Liability: Parodic Fair Use or Copyright... by: Chris Round and Talia Le Couteur Scott
- Why The Term Of "Debt Securities" Matters by: Keith Paul Bishop
July 24, 2021
July 23, 2021
- SEC Raises Qualified Client Net Worth And Assets Under Management... by: Scott L. Beal and Maria K. Monte
- Indiana District Court Denies Students’ Challenge to Indiana... by: Jenifer M. Bologna and Susan D. Friedfel
- Biden Executive Order Aims To Fight Off Government, Private Sector... by: Sahara Williams, P.E. and Brian J. McGinnis
- California Adds To List Of States Allowing State And Local Tax Cap... by: Stanley Heyman
- More Money, More Problems: Top Legal Issues Facing Real Estate Fund... by: Matthew J. Ertman and Max Brunner
- DOL Issues Proposed Rule on Raising Minimum Wage to $15 per Hour for... by: Guy Brenner and Abigail Rosenblum
- Non-Compete Agreements Stifle Wages, Biden Seeks to Hasten Their... by: Jennifer M. Oliver and Dan Mogin
- Beltway Buzz, July 23, 2021 by: James J. Plunkett
- Careful of Who Owns Photographs of You by: David H. Siegel
- ICYMI: Recent Chemical and PFAS Agency Activities by: Nancy B. Beck, PhD, DABT
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.