August 03, 2020
- LGBTQ Employees Can Sue for Termination – What Other Employment... by: John L Litchfield and John S. Lord Jr.
- State Court Reverses Medicaid Overpayment Demands by: Jennifer L. Evans
- DC Circuit Upholds OPPS Reimbursement Reductions for 340B Drugs by: Emily J. Cook and Steven J. Schnelle
- EEOC to Resume Dismissing Charges of Discrimination Following... by: Paul Patten
- COVID-19: FEMA Public Assistance Funding Could Be Available to Defray... by: Julia Di Vito
- Unemployed and Uninsured: Can Hospitals Cover Patients' COBRA... by: Michael P. Gennett and Bragg E. Hemme
- Certain Express Misrepresentation Consumer Fraud Act Claims and... by: Daniel B. Carroll and Kaitlyn E. Stone
- Court Vacates Parts of FFCRA Regulations, Including Healthcare... by: Francis P. Alvarez and Patricia Anderson Pryor
- Weekly IRS Roundup July 27 – July 31, 2020 by: McDermott Will & Emery
- Indiana Amends Rules For Mandatory Masks In Schools by: Taylor L. Hunter and Mark D. Scudder
- CMS Reimbursement FAQs — COVID-19 by: Joelle M. Wilson and Bragg E. Hemme
- Companies (and Celebrity Influencers) Beware: Social Media... by: Mallory A. Field
- TCPA’s 2015 Government-Debt Collection Exception Struck Down- Now... by: David M. Poell
- Congress Considers Timeline as Accelerated and Advance Payment... by: Paul Gerrard, M.D. and Sheila Madhani
- Is Placing a Whistleblower Under Surveillance Actionable Retaliation? by: Jason Zuckerman and Katherine Krems
- Shanghai Zhizhen Intelligent Network Technology Co., Ltd. Sues Apple... by: Aaron Wininger
- Mastering Telecommuting During COVID-19: Maintaining the Work-Life... by: Kelly M. Cardin
- New York District Court Vacates Parts of FFCRA Regulations Including... by: Patricia Anderson Pryor
- RRC Flaring Rules – Still Up in the Air by: Lisa Montgomery Shelton
- MDL Panel Considers Consolidation of COVID-19 Business Interruption... by: Scott P. DeVries
- What Can Business Owners Do to Shield Their Assets from Civil and... by: Dr. Nick Oberheiden
- Webinar: Unpacking Your Estate Plan When Moving to North Carolina by: Eldridge D. Dodson and Thomas J. Zamadics, Jr.
- Court Rejects Insurer’s Attempt to Dismiss Hotel’s $1.9 Million Crime... by: Michael S. Levine and Geoffrey B. Fehling
- Telecom Alert—911 Reliability Certification; Pole Attachment... by: C. Douglas Jarrett and Gregory E. Kunkle
- Master in Chancery Dismissive of Fiduciary Seek Dismissal, Applies... by: Rich L. Minice and Annette E. Becker
- Connecticut Requires Implicit Bias Training for Police by: Tanya A. Bovée and Katessa M. Charles
- Court Approves Class Action Settlement in RE: YAHOO! Inc. Customer... by: Zarish Baig
- Elections, Political Protests, and the Workplace by: Mitchell F. Boomer and Guillermo A. Escobedo
- UK’s Industrial Energy Transformation Fund Grants Now Available to... by: Aonghus Heatley
- California Bill Would Make Successor Employers Liable For Unpaid Wages by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Price Gouging Weekly Round Up - August 3, 2020 by: Christopher E Ondeck and John R Ingrassia
- COVID-19: Victorian Government Draws Upon the 'Big Stick'... by: Paul Hardman and John Rodney
- New Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Petitions on Certain Chassis... by: Douglas J. Heffner and Richard P. Ferrin
- H-1B Update: Administration to Increase Scrutiny, Investigations by: Amy L. Peck and Michael H. Neifach
- Telehealth and Substance Use Disorder Treatment: Regulatory Barriers... by: Sunny J. Levine and Emily H. Wein
- COVID-19 Brings Consumer Convenience to Pennsylvania by: Matthew B. Andersen and Theodore J. Zeller III
- GOP Stimulus Bill Would Give Some PPP Borrowers a Second Draw and... by: Melissa Ostrower and Robert R. Perry
- FDA Issues Long-Awaited Draft Guidance on Cannabis Research by: Brian J. Malkin and Gugan Kaur
- The SEC’s 2020 Amendments to Proxy Rules and Supplemental Guidance... by: Arthur Don and Vincent Lewis
- Breach of Confidentiality Term in a COT3 Settlement Agreement by: Alex Denny and Emma Vennesson
- The World Bank Group Weighs in on the Economic Potential of Smart... by: Christopher Adcock
- FERC Dismisses Petition to Review Jurisdictional Challenges over Net... by: Andrew O. Kaplan and Ruta Kalvaitis Skučas
- Executor Selection by: Kaitlyn A. Pacelli
- FDA Releases a New EPA-Approved Protocol for Evaluating the Efficacy... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Oracle Special Litigation Committee Defeats Motion to Compel... by: Remsen Kinne and Michael C. Payant
- Will the Public Health Emergency Privacy Act Make it into the Next... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti and Maya Atrakchi
- Pension scams’ inquiry launched by Parliamentary committee by: Garon Anthony and Rose Chaudry
- Price Gouging and the Pandemic: An Economic Perspective by: Laurien Gilbert
- Wisconsin Masks Up: Governor Evers Issues Statewide Face Covering... by: Christine Bestor Townsend and Christina L. Wabiszewski
- ‘Environmental Justice for All Act’ Introduced in U.S. Senate by: Maribel N. Nicholson-Choice
- Price Gouging Laws Expected to Remain in Effect Through the End of... by: Christopher E Ondeck and John R Ingrassia
- State Aid: COVID-19 Temporary Framework by: Gerhard Dijkstra
August 02, 2020
August 01, 2020
- Department of Justice Issues New Guidance Limiting Federal Clean... by: Karen M. Hansen and Andrew C. Silton
- China’s Patent Office Invalidates Chinese Shoe Design Patent Using... by: Aaron Wininger
- SBA Releases Guidance to Lenders Related to Borrowers’ Changes in... by: Philip G. Feigen and Sara C. Ainsworth
- COVID-19: US State Policy Report – July 31, 2020 by: Jeffrey L. Turner and Traci L. Martinez
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.