May 20, 2019
- Washington State Governor Signs Legislation Restricting... by: Adam T. Pankratz and Kyle D. Nelson
- Location Matters – Manufacturing Insights from FDA’s Annual Report on... by: Allison Fulton
- Destination Arbitration: Court Holds Service-Of-Suit Clause Does Not... by: Daniel G. Enriquez
- USCIS Completes Data Entry of Fiscal Year 2020 H-1B Cap Subject... by: Dillon R. Colucci
- A GDPR Update for Employers, Part IV: Implementing Lessons Learned... by: Grant D. Petersen and Simon J. McMenemy
- A Primer on Employment Taxes by: Lowell Walters
- Changes to Employee Benefit Plans May Create Unforeseen Disclosure... by: Kathryn W. Wheeler
- USCIS Completes H-1B Visa Cap Selection Process for FY2020 by: Carole L. Rowlinson
- A Unicorn Sighting? Fourth Circuit Affirms Certification of Defendant... by: D. Matthew Allen and Nathaniel G. Foell
- 6 FAQs on Measles in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know by: Katherine Dudley Helms
- Supreme Court Upholds Crow Tribe’s Treaty-Reserved Off-Reservation... by: Brian L. Pierson
- Amid a Spate of Activity, COPPA Remains an FTC Enforcement Priority by: Bonnie Yeomans and Stephanie J. Kapinos
- Surprise Billing Comparison: What You Need to Know by: Rachel Stauffer and Katie Waldo
- EPA Announces Section 5 Notices to Be Posted without EPA Review –... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Richard E. Engler, Ph.D.
- President Proposes New Merit-Based Green Card System by: Melissa Manna
- Telecom Alert - Trump Declares National Emergency on Foreign... by: C. Douglas Jarrett and Gregory E. Kunkle
- Yan v. ReWalk Robotics, Ltd.: No Substitute for Standing in the... by: Melanie A. Conroy
- Courts’ Approach To Cyber Insurance Continues to Evolve by: Mark A. Collins and Natalie Colvin
- Washington, D.C. Releases Annual Report Forms and Filing Deadlines by: Brian J. Slagle and John L. Culhane, Jr.
- Director Iancu Roundtable with BIOCOM San Diego by: Marc T. Morley and Melissa Brayman
- Tours in Trouble: Rock Stars and Insurance Recovery by: Benjamin W. Massarsky and Kellyn Goler
- OCIE Provides Registered Advisers and Broker-Dealers Guidance on Data... by: Paul Ferrillo
- DIY: IRS Expands the Self-Correction Program to Allow for Correction... by: Leigh C. Riley and Nicholas C. Paul
- ML Strategies Health Care Preview Week Of May 20, 2019 by: Eli Greenspan
- FCC’s Call Blocking Plans Could Create Problems for Collections by: Daniel JT McKenna and John L. Culhane, Jr.
- Suit Over Use of American Heart Association Certification Mark... by: Alexander Kaplan and Carl Mazurek
- Microsoft Vulnerability A Reminder to Update and Patch by: Adam Jacobson
- CFPB Relationship With Dept. of Education Discussed in Kraninger... by: John L. Culhane, Jr.
- California Poised to Remove Prohibition on Hemp-Derived CBD in Foods... by: Nicole A. Aaronson and Neil M. Willner
- A Sign of the Times? Tennessee Expands Anti-Bullying Law To Private... by: Jeremy Mittman
- Former Employee's Release Agreement Bars ERISA Claim Against... by: Richard J. Pearl and J. Christian Nemeth
- Bridging the Week by Gary DeWaal: May 13 –17 and May 20, 2019 (Bump... by: Gary De Waal
- State Law Round-Up: Developments in Wage and Hour (CO, MA, ME, WA),... by: Shennan Harris and Melissa Legault
- The CFPB’s Long Awaited Debt Collection Rule is Certain to Shake Up... by: Thomas H. Wagner
- Policy Options for Dealing with the Crazy Quilt of Paid Sick Leave... by: Caroline A. Hogan
- Supreme Court Recognizes Longer Statute of Limitations for Qui Tam... by: Pablo J. Davis and Julia d'Hemecourt Sherburne
- New Executive Order To Further Restrict Business with Huawei and... by: Jonathan E. Meyer and Townsend L. Bourne
- Federal Circuit Invalidates Patented Cancer Therapy by: Antoinette F. Konski
- The Supreme Court Has Spoken: Victory for Trademark Licensees by: Mark A. Salzberg
- As Cyberattacks Rise, U.S. Business Readiness Falls by: Kristin Ann Shepard
- Arbitration Clause in Beer Distribution Agreement Enforced by the... by: Marc E. Sorini and Daniel P. McGuire
- Context Matter: Court Uses Deposition Testimony to Find Revoking TCPA... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Weekly IRS Roundup May 13 – May 17, 2019 by: Tax Practice Group McDermott Will Emery
- Washington, D.C. Weighs in on Auto-Renewal Programs by: Ed Chansky and Erica Okerberg
- The CFPB’s latest meaningful attorney involvement lawsuit sends some... by: Christopher J. Willis
- Vermont Governor Signs Law Setting Strict PFAS Limits by: Nessa Horewitch Coppinger and Daniel M. Krainin
- Industry Guidance on Food Contact Paper Updated by: Packaging Law at Keller and Heckman
- Dallas, Texas Enacts Paid Sick Leave Law, But Its Future Remains in... by: Allan S Bloom and Laura M. Fant
- Superstorm Sandy Relaxed Rules Did Not Waive Proof of Loss... by: Larry P. Schiffer
- Update on Bofl SOX Whistleblower Litigation by: Lloyd B Chinn and Pinchos (Pinny) Goldberg
- Novartis v. West-Ward – Lead Compound Analysis v. Motivation to... by: Warren Woessner
- FDA Greenlights Use of “Potassium Chloride Salt” as an Alternative... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- Understanding Cyber Threats to State and Other Governmental Entities by: Philip J. Bezanson and Edward Fierro
- A Numbers Game: Labor Board Rules on Successor Employer’s Bargaining... by: Philip B. Rosen and Howard M. Bloom
- How Will Brexit Affect the GDPR’s Governance Over the UK? by: Chanley T. Howell and Steven Millendorf
- The Theological Roots Of Advice And Consent by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Highlights from the Financial Ombudsman Service’s 2018/2019 Annual... by: Garon Anthony and Mariyam Harunah
May 18, 2019
- US Adds Huawei and Affiliates to the Department of Commerce Entity... by: International Trade Practice at Squire Patton Boggs
- Slides Available from ACS Webinar on Working Safely with... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Corizon Health / Corizon LLC to Pay $950,000 to Settle Nationwide... by: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Inside The Beltway: Housing Infrastructure In The 116th Congress by: Timothy W. Jenkins and Sherry Harper Widicus
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.