August 19, 2019
- BitBlog Weekly Summary: Kik Kicks Back and the SEC continues its... by: Stephen A. Rutenberg and Thomas H. Wagner
- Increase in Regulatory Expense for Debtor-In-Possession Revolving... by: Robert K. Sahyan
- Benefits Outside the Box: Using a Charitable Foundation to Enhance... by: Suzanne G. Odom
- OFCCP Proposes Rule to Clarify Religious Exemption by: Samuel T. Long and Jack Blum
- TTB Publishes New Nonbeverage Product Formula Form by: Marc E. Sorini and T. Marshall Fawley III
- Do You Have My Back? Safety Considerations for Multiemployer Worksites by: Michael (Mike) R. Rahmn
- Where's the Beef? Motion to Dismiss Granted Based on Emergency... by: Shane Micheil
- DOL Confirms FMLA Covers IEP Meetings With Therapists at School by: Sarah J. Platt
- Vapor Industry Trade Groups Seek to Intervene and Appeal Decision on... by: Azim Chowdhury
- OFCCP Introduces Virtual Compliance Help Desk, Continuing Its Trend... by: Michael F. Ryan
- NLRB: Employer Did Not Unlawfully Discontinue Christmas Bonus by: Mark Theodore
- EPA Announces FIFRA SAP Public Meeting to Consider Approaches for... by: Jason E. Johnston, M.S.
- CA Regulator Proposes Regulations To Implement New Law Requiring... by: Michael R. Guerrero
- Don’t Play Dead: Another Court Certifies Default TCPA Class Action... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Back to Basics: IRS Issues Ruling About Failure to Cash a... by: Jennifer Rigterink
- Court of Appeal Rules HERO Cannot Save Previously Vacated Rental Units by: Whitney Hodges and Lauren K. Chang
- Telecom Alert - T-Mobile and Sprint Merger; Verizon Lawsuit Against... by: C. Douglas Jarrett and Gregory E. Kunkle
- Past Conduct Subject to Arbitration: TCPA Claim Compelled to... by: Amy Brown Doolittle
- Public Employee Union Members Sue Over Forced Dues Payments by: Anthony J Oncidi and Cole D. Lewis
- IRS Clarifies U.S. Tax Treatment of Cross-Border Cloud and Other... by: Pallav Raghuvanshi and Kemal Hawa
- CFPB and NYAG File Response and Reply Briefs in RD Legal by: Alan S. Kaplinsky
- Spate of Recent False Advertising Class Actions Take On Animal... by: Abby Meyer
- The Effect Of No-Deal On EU Citizens Already In The UK And New... by: Annabel Mace
- San Francisco Employers May Have to Pay More in Paid Parental Leave... by: Cepideh Roufougar and Kate L. Brown
- HUD Publishes Proposed Revisions To Disparate Impact Rule by: Richard J. Andreano, Jr. and John L. Culhane, Jr.
- Court Confirms Arbitration Award, Finding It Was Based in Part on “... by: Alex B. Silverman
- Second Circuit Finds McDonnell ‘Official Acts’ Standard Inapplicable... by: Daniel P. Filor and Nathan J. Muyskens
- What is the Statute of Limitations for SEC Whistleblower Reward Cases? by: Jason Zuckerman and Matthew Stock
- Illinois Amends Equal Pay Act to Prohibit Questions About Salary... by: Anne Benton Hucker
- Bridging the Week by Gary DeWaal: August 12 - 16, and August 19, 2019... by: Gary De Waal
- Solicitor General Gets Another Extension to File Response to Seila... by: Alan S. Kaplinsky
- New York State Enacts Broad New Sexual Harassment &... by: Jeremy Mittman and Gregory J. Hessinger
- Developments in Tri-Border Area Post New Risk to Correspondent Banking by: Claiborne (Clay) W. Porter
- Coming Soon? Expanded Employment Protections for Victims of Sexual... by: Tyler Z. Bernstein
- Weekly IRS Roundup August 12 – 16, 2019 by: Tax Practice Group McDermott Will Emery
- OFCCP Announces Proposed Rule on Religious Exemption for Federal... by: Tina Lam
- SDNY Joins “Chorus of Courts” Finding That Individual Issues of... by: Amy B. Doolittle
- This is the Clause That Never Ends, It Goes on and on, My Friends by: David J. Pryzbylski
- Processor or Controller? It Really Depends by: Rebecca L. Mackin
- ARB Affirms Dismissal of SOX Whistleblower Claim Against Non-Public... by: Steven J Pearlman and Allison Lynn Martin
- EPA Issues Updated Guidance on “Common Elements” of Superfund... by: Pamela D. Marks and Allyn L. Stern
- Was 2018 The Apogee Of Delaware's Corporate Hegemony? by: Keith Paul Bishop
- A Building-Emissions Overhaul: How NYC’s LL97 Impacts Owners and... by: Steven C. Russo and Deirdre A. Carson
- CBS and Viacom Get Back Together to Serve Largest Share of U.S. TV... by: Dan Mogin and Timothy Z. LaComb
- EPA Proposed Regulations Aim to Further Clarify CWA Section 401... by: Richard S. Davis and Allyn L. Stern
- EEO-1 Component 2 Pay Data Report: Time Is Running Out, but the Sky... by: H. Mark Adams and Mary Margaret Spell
- Reporting Nonbinary Classifications to the EEOC: Guidance From a New... by: T. Scott Kelly
- What Am I Doing Wrong?? Common FMLA Mistakes by: Sheri L. Giger
- Federal Circuit Cautions Against Rigid Approach to Prosecution... by: Adam Samansky and Peter J. Cuomo
- Totality of the Circumstances and Late Notice by: Larry P. Schiffer
- All Things Nano with Lisa E. Friedersdorf, Ph.D. [PODCAST] by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- EEO-1 Pay Data Batch Upload Now Available and New FAQs Released by: Laura A. Mitchell
- Cryptoasset Regulation: FCA Final Guidance Published by: Katherine Wakeham
- REG BI, FORM CRS: The TARDIS of Disclosure Requirements by: Sandra Dawn Grannum and Fred Reish
August 18, 2019
- EPA Begins Public Comment Period for Manufacturer Requests for Risk... by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Circuit Split on Student’s Due Process Right to Cross-Examination in... by: Susan D. Friedfel and Crystal L. Tyler
- SoftPro to Pay $80,000 to Settle EEOC Disability Discrimination Suit by: U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.