October 14, 2019
- CCPA Alert:California Attorney General Releases Draft Regulations by: Sarah A. Sargent and Andrew J. Schlidt III
- OSHA Proposes Revisions to Final Beryllium Standards for Construction... by: Tressi L. Cordaro
- Test The Waters, But Don’t Make Waves by: Latore Price
- President Trump Introduces Health Insurance Requirement for Immigrant... by: Melissa Manna and Vanessa Olivar
- Moment of Clarity? NLRB Upholds Info-Sharing and Media Contact Rules... by: Mark Theodore and Joshua S. Fox
- OSHA Releases Annual “Top 10” by: Trever L. Neuroth
- Supreme Court Considers Title VII Protections for LGBTQ Workers by: Alexander R. P. Dunn
- Proposed Regulations Under The California Consumer Credit Privacy Act by: Linda C. Odom and John ReVeal
- A Look at California’s New Labor and Employment Laws by: Chris M. Micheli
- Patent Attacks Against Open Source Intensify! by: James G. Gatto
- Federal Court Strikes Down as Facially Unconstitutional Portions of... by: Mark F. Glaser and Joshua L. Oppenheimer
- Beware the Gap Between What’s Legal and What’s Believable – How Good... by: Dabney D. Ware
- Big Bang! California Expands Employee Privacy Rights & Insights... by: Justine M. Phillips and Jessica R. Gross
- Women’s National Soccer Team Advances the Ball Toward Equal Pay by: Eric Bachman
- Bite Your Tongue: NLRB Rules that Produce Company’s Media,... by: Jonathan M. Turner
- Whatever Happened to that Big Ringless Voicemail Decision We Were All... by: Eric J. Troutman
- California Follows Vermont, Requires Data Broker Registration by: Liisa M. Thomas and Julia K. Kadish
- Second Circuit Issues Another Arbitration-Friendly Decision by: Diane Krebs
- California Court of Appeal Rejects Employee’s Attempt to Seek... by: Kevin Sullivan
- Tight Ship: Labor Board Reports Improvement In Case Handling... by: David J. Pryzbylski
- Weekly IRS Roundup October 7 – October 11, 2019 by: Tax Practice Group McDermott Will Emery
- US District Courts Start Applying Kisor v. Wilkie; Is Auer Deference... by: Brent Owen
- California Consumer Privacy Act FAQs for Covered Businesses October... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti and Jason C. Gavejian
- New York Seeks to Add Greater Protections Against Surprise Bills by: Nili S. Yolin
- San Antonio, Texas Approves Revisions to Paid Sick and Safe Leave... by: Evandro C Gigante and Laura M. Fant
- CCPA News: Amendments Signed into Law by the Governor and Draft... by: Linn F. Freedman and Deborah A. George
- THE LATEST: Hollywood Writers Guild and Talent Agencies Entangled in... by: Michelle S. Lowery and Steven Vaughn
- Delaware Statutory Trusts And The California General Corporation Law by: Keith Paul Bishop
- CCPA Update: AG Announces Proposed Regulations, Governor Signs... by: Joseph J. Lazzarotti and Jason C. Gavejian
- The Regulatory Sprint to Coordinated Care: New Proposed OIG Rules... by: Christopher J. Donovan
October 12, 2019
- CFTC Chairman States Ether is a Commodity by: Blockchain Group at Proskauer Rose
- New York District Court Blocks Implementation of Public Charge Rule by: Melissa Manna
- MassDEP Issues Draft 2020-2030 Solid Waste Master Plan for Public... by: Marc J. Goldstein and Stephen M. Richmond
- California’s “Housing Crisis Act of 2019” May Boost Housing... by: Jeffrey W. Forrest
- FCA Publishes “Brexit Special” Market Watch by: John Ahern and Carolyn H. Jackson
- California Enacts a Raft of New Employment Laws by: Anthony J Oncidi
- OFCCP Posts Long-Awaited Technical Assistance Guide (TAG) for... by: T. Scott Kelly
- California AG Releases Draft California Privacy Act Regulations by: Richard B. Newman
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.