October 15, 2021
- US Allowing Non-Essential Travel from Canada, Europe & Others:... by: Rachel Popa and Chandler Ford
- FTC Warns Massive List of US Companies Not to Deceive Consumers With... by: Kristin J. Achterhof and David Halberstadter
- Review of Recent Whistleblower Developments: October 2021 by: Lisa M. Noller and Pamela L. Johnston
- Travel Restrictions to be Lifted November 8, 2021 by: Kimberly A. Clarke and Nina Thekdi
- Proposed Tax Legislation Could Impact Exchange-Traded Funds by: John S. Marten and Jacob C. Tiedt
- COVID-19: United States Lifts Certain Travel Restrictions Effective 8... by: Rio J. Gonzalez and Adriana Reyes
- Union Challenge to Vaccine Mandate Hits Legal Snag by: Colleen Naumovich and David J. Pryzbylski
- Tokenization: Opportunity and Regulation, Finding a Balance by: William K. Kane and Zachary Golda
- Beltway Buzz, October 15, 2021 by: James J. Plunkett
- IDC Requests Additional Relief with Respect to Fund Board In-Person... by: John S. Marten and Jacob C. Tiedt
- McDermottPlus Check-Up: October 15, 2021 by: Aaron N. Badida and Debra Curtis
- COVID-19 Travel Restrictions Set to Relax for Fully Vaccinated by: Michael H. Neifach
- Policyholders Hit With Ransomware Strike Insurance Coverage Oil in... by: Scott N. Godes
- Section 48D: A New Tax Credit for Electric Transmission Property by: Tori Roessler and David B. Weisblat
- Thinking Ahead: Why You Should Consider Including an Appellate Lawyer... by: Paul D. Hudson and Amanda Rauh-Bieri
- SEC Issues Over $40 Million in Whistleblower Awards by: Mary Jane Wilmoth
- Increased Enforcement Activity Expected Relating to Healthcare... by: Hannah L. Cross and Matt Wilmot
- Highlights from SEC Speaks 2021 Chair/Commissioner Remarks and... by: Junaid A. Zubairi and Thomas P. Cimino, Jr.
- Trade Secret Misappropriation: Denial of Motion for Attorneys’ Fees... by: Kazim A. Naqvi
- The Pandemic vs. the Policyholder: COVID-19 and Business Interruption... by: Kelsey Dilday and James J. Leonard
- EPA Updates Confidential Status of Chemicals on TSCA Inventory by: Lynn L. Bergeson and Carla N. Hutton
- Who's to Pay? Trade Contract Rather than Insurance Policy... by: Frederic J. Giordano
- AFCP 2.0 Extended: Your Mileage May Vary by: Frank L. Bernstein
- Insurance Coverage for Emerging Contaminants - October 15, 2021 by: John P. Fischer and Jennifer C. Baker
- Disappearing Act: What You Need to Know About the Estate and Gift Tax... by: Terri S. Boxer and Megan L.W. Jerabek
- Federal Court Addresses Mass. Non-Compete Law, Speaks to Adequacy of... by: Bret A. Cohen
- Out of Sight, But Not Out of Mind: Facts Outside the Pleadings and... by: John L. Corbett
- An Update on Wind Farm Development along the US Coastline by: Carl J. Fleming and Elle Hayes
- Insurers Owe No Coverage for COVID-19 Related Business Interruption... by: Andrea S. Warren
- Privacy Implications of the Facebook Whistleblower Testimony by: Rachel Popa and Chandler Ford
- Mind the Gap: Coverage Gaps Created by Commercial General Liability... by: Kelsey Dilday
- EEOC Updates Guidance on COVID-19 Vaccination Incentive Programs (US) by: Laura Lawless
- Global Payroll Now Applies to Severance Pay Calculations in Ontario by: Jeffrey Patterson
- Baby Steps Toward a New WOTUS Rule by: Jeffrey R. Porter
- SEC Requests Comment on Broker-Dealer and Investment Adviser Digital... by: Wayne M. Aaron and David W. Soden
- 2021 ESG Seminar, Session 2 [VIDEO] by: Troy L. Harder and Charles H. Still Jr.
- Facebook Escapes Shareholder Derivative Suit as Court Questions... by: Michael E. Waller and Caitlin M. Velasco
- Are Your Employee Benefits Plans Ready for the New Year or Is It the... by: Stephanie A. Smithey and Matthew Hoffman
- SEC Proposes Enhanced Proxy Voting Reporting Requirements for Funds... by: John S. Marten and Jacob C. Tiedt
- New Jersey Acting Attorney General Announces Data Breach Settlement... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Delta-8 THC: More Risk than Reward by: Erica B. E. Rogers and Tyler J. Russell
- EU Proposal for the Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism by: Edoardo Gambaro and Erik de Bie
- FDA Withdrawing Temporary Policies for Non-Drug Manufacturers... by: Heather Hatcher, Ph.D.
- DOE Announces Inclusive Energy Innovation Prize by: Lynn L. Bergeson
- Can A Corporation Change Its Board Size In Proprio Motu? by: Keith Paul Bishop
- California’s New Damages Legislation Will Harm Businesses by: Luis A. Barba
- Stark Law Alert: Be Ready for January 1, 2022 [VIDEO] by: Ericka L. Adler and Christina M. Kuta
- Policyholder Win Highlights Key Issues to Maximize Coverage for False... by: Geoffrey B. Fehling and Michael S. Levine
Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Food and Drug Law News
In today’s hyper-aware environment, concerns about food and drug safety are paramount for both companies and consumers. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) regulates the areas of biotech, food, and drug law. Additionally, laws including the 21st Century Cures Act, and cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Processes), regulate industry standards/norms in food, cosmetics, and other industry-sectors. Visitors to the National Law Review will find the latest analysis of news, legislation, and upcoming cases/litigation as it relates to this area of law.
With researchers searching for new energy solutions and other developments in biotech, visitors to the NLR will have the opportunity to read content surrounding biosimilars, natural fuel production, medical devices, biotechnology, nanotechnology and materials, and the pharmaceuticals industry. Additionally, content relating to food and drug laws, limits on chemical use in cosmetic products, and other general health/safety topics are covered by the National Law Review and are updated regularly. Additionally, food safety and imports to the United States are also discussed as they become relevant.
In addition to general health, science, and food/drug, the industry is also closely related to many of the issues related to intellectual property law. New applications for patents, intellectual property, licensing laws, and other areas which are governed by the PTAB court, often crossover into the industry.
New developments in legislation, including the legalization of recreational marijuana has created a new area ripe for legal analysis. Regulations on how recreational marijuana can be advertised and marketed, distributed and the kind of insurance coverage necessary for dispensaries. Additionally, employer drug-testing and marijuana statutes have been a hot area of litigation covered by the National Law Review.
General practices in marketing standards, compliance of federal and state laws/legislation, licensing collaborations, and news related to bringing new products to the market, in the US and abroad, are among the areas visitors to NLR will read about daily. Drug pricing, changes in production standards, regulatory compliance, food safety and handling, drug laws (legalization of marijuana, both recreational and medicinal in the workplace), and labeling and nutritional requirements, are among the many topics covered by the National Law Review daily.
Visitors will always find the latest, up-to-date, most comprehensive coverage on the site. And, news and stories which affect the US, companies which are regulated in the industry, and multinational/international companies, are detailed regularly for NLR readers.
For hourly updates on the latest news about biotech, food & drug, and cannabis laws, regulations, and legislation, be sure to follow our Cannabis Twitter feed, and sign up for complimentary e-news bulletins.