August 16, 2022
- Litigation Minute: When The Federal No Surprises Act's Dispute... by: Gary S. Qualls
- Relief Arrives for Renewable Energy Industry - Inflation Reduction... by: Kris J. Eimicke and Merrill Kramer
- Pediatric Head Injury and Bicycles by: Domenic B. Sanginiti, Jr.
- Nursing Home Whistleblowers are the Canaries in the Coal Mine: $5.5... by: Eva Gunasekera and Renée Brooker
- Lawsuit Alleges Plant Butter Deceptively Labeled by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
August 15, 2022
- Massachusetts Governor Signs Law Encouraging Energy Storage and... by: Andrew O. Kaplan and James M. Avery
- Addiction and Substance Abuse in a Post-COVID Era: Navigating Stormy... by: John L Litchfield
- Proposed Amendments to NY Financial Services Cybersecurity... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Perfect Attendance Awards: How to Navigate Them Perfectly by: Jeffrey S. Kopp
- City of Los Angeles Publishes Regulations and Model Notices for Hotel... by: Jack Schaedel
- The UK National Security and Investment Act: Key Implications for the... by: Darren Spalding and Nicholas Neuberger
- The Department of Justice Announces that It Intends to Publish... by: Robert T. Quackenboss and Jason P. Brown
- ISPs and Anonymous Users Rejoice: DMCA 512(h) Subpoena Subjected to... by: Joseph Grasser and Shyloah Daniel
- Energy Investment Front and Center in the IRA by: Samuel A. Rasche and Jane E. Montgomery
- New York Provides Tax Credit for Video Game Production by: Glenn Newman
- NY Federal Court Rules Insurer Must Cover Policyholder’s Landlords... by: Scott P. DeVries and Janine A. Hanrahan
- Telecom Alert: 5.9 GHz Band Order Upheld; $146M in Tribal Broadband... by: Jaimy "Sindy" Alarcon and Jim Baller
- FCA Enforcement: Eighth Circuit Requires But-For Causation for Anti-... by: Lisa M. Noller and Jessica E. Joseph
- The Inflation Reduction Act: A Tax Overview by: Christie R. Galinski and Loren M. Opper
- CDC Shifts Approach and Loosens COVID-19 Quarantine Recommendations,... by: Corbin Carter and Michael S. Arnold
- UK Regulators Crack Down on ‘Greenwashing’ by: Carlton Daniel
- Circuit Panel Invites Full Court to Reconsider Title VII ‘Ultimate... by: Charles T. Jeremiah
- The Right Way to Sell Your Services on LinkedIn [VIDEO] by: Stefanie M. Marrone
- Weekly IRS Roundup August 8 – August 12, 2022 by: Sarah M. Raben
- SEC and CFTC Propose Digital Asset Reporting on Form PF by: Scott H. Kimpel
- Strategies for Manufacturers Who Wish to Exit Distribution Agreements... by: Manufacturing Law Blog
- The NLRB’s Busy July – A Harbinger of Future Coordinated Federal... by: Evan M. Piercey and Tinny T. Song
- Impaired Brilliance: SEC and US Attorney Sue Veteran Investor for... by: Peter D. Hutcheon
- Greenwashing Lawsuits Against Major Oil and Gas Companies Are Getting... by: Rebecca L. Jordan and Katherine M. Harrington
- New York Becomes First State to Require CLE in Cybersecurity, Privacy... by: Hunton Andrews Kurth’s Privacy and Cybersecurity
- TCPA MORASSE: Pelican and Gustav Renny Stuck in Another Case... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Release of Paper-Based Version of FDA’s Agricultural Water Assessment... by: Food and Drug Law at Keller and Heckman
- FTC Planning to Establish Privacy & Data Security Laws by: Peter Vogel
- Proactive Tips for Businesses Facing Hail Damage Claims by: Risk Management Magazine
- How A Corporation Can Become Religious Without Converting by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Broker-Dealer Proprietary Trading Groups: FINRA May Be In Your Future by: James M. Brady and Susan Light
August 14, 2022
August 13, 2022
- FTC Investigating BitMart After $200M Crypto Theft! by: Peter Vogel
- CDC Loosens COVID-19 Guidance, Emphasizes Individual Responsibility by: Katharine C. Weber and Patricia Anderson Pryor
- Illinois Amends Nurse Agency Licensing Act to Prohibit Noncompetes... by: Tobias E. Schlueter and Cyle R. Catlett
- D.C. Mayor’s Signature Puts Modified Non-Compete Ban on Track for... by: Matthew F. Nieman and Joseph E. Schuler
- 2022 Liquor Liability Laws – A 50-State Survey by: Wendy D. Testa
- Beltway Buzz, August 12, 2022 by: James J. Plunkett
Securities, SEC, & Financial Institution Law News
The Financial institutions and banking sectors are highly regulated in the US and throughout the world with stiff penalties for failure to comply with regulations. The National Law Review addresses legal issues, compliance concerns, financial regulatory schemes, broker-deals, insolvency and restructuring, and structured transaction negotiations.
Regulatory Agencies with Financial Services
Readers can learn about new loan transactions, international trade agreements, mortgage loans and bank financing legislation, and other news as it unfolds in the US and around the world. Details that are covered by governmental and regulatory agencies including the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), are routinely updated on the site. With ongoing agency news dealing with the CFPB, agency directors, and nominations to financial and banking agencies, the National Law Review constantly adds new cases and newsreaders want to remain informed about.
Global Financial Services
International banking and financial institutions news is also covered on the National Law Review. UK regulatory framework covered, including the Australian crowd-sourced funding regime, and EU’s Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID), along with international insolvency, news, and legislation from around the world, which are linked to non-US foreign banks and institutions, are regularly published online. Additionally, the legal experts at the National Law Review consistently offer updates on the United Kingdom Financial Conduct Authority and the effects of Brexit.
Financial Services and Innovation
The National Law Review also covers hot topics such as financial services law and FinTech (financial technology). Additionally, we cover topics like bitcoin, cryptocurrency transactions, SEC regulations, blockchain technologies, and compliance under finance laws like the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. Additionally, cases and news which is governed under the Federal Reserve Act, the Fair Credit and Reporting Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and Equal Credit Opportunity Act, are also analyzed in articles on the site.
Securities & the SEC
The mission of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission is to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation. The National Law Review covers news and updates coming out of the SEC, including information about updates on the US SEC EDGAR system and related requirements, rules designed to limit and enforce rules against Insider Trading and Anti-Money Laundering settlements. Additionally, analysis of the SEC Division of Investment Management leadership and proposed rulemakings.
For hourly updates on the latest news about Wall Street, banking, financial, securities/SEC regulations, laws, and legislation be sure to follow our Financial, Banking, and Securities Law Twitter feed, and sign up for complimentary e-news bulletins.