May 26, 2020
- Another TCPA Set Up?: Court Rejects TCPA Claim Where Plaintiff’s... by: Eric J. Troutman
- Don't Sleep On Your Lost, Destroyed Or Stolen Stock Certificate... by: Keith Paul Bishop
- Transatlantic Trade: US and European Trade Talk Update – May 22, 2020 by: Stacy A. Swanson and Christina Economides
- Governing Law of Arbitration Agreements: Welcome Clarity? by: Tim Fox and Peter R. Morton
May 25, 2020
- Human Rights Abuses in the Enforcement of Coronavirus Security... by: Kelly Shea Delvac
- White House Expands COVID-19 Travel Ban to Cover Brazil (US) by: Samuel J. Mudrick
- Covid-19 Prevention at the Workplace: Is Temperature Measuring... by: Filip Vlček and Jaroslav Tajbr
- Leases (Commercial and Retail) COVID-19 Emergency Response... by: Samuel Brown and Tracey Jordan
- Returning to Work in a Pandemic: What Employers Need to Know by: Angela P. Doughty
- CFPB Reaches $18 Million Settlement with Mortgage Lender for Alleged... by: Nicole Su
May 24, 2020
- Guide to Federal Reserve Main Street Loan Facilities and Primary... by: Christopher D. Olive and Nicolai J. Sarad
- Minnesota Governor Slows the Planned Reopening of Bars, Restaurants,... by: Patrick R. Martin
- SBA Releases New Rules on PPP Loan Forgiveness and Loan Reviews by: Philip G. Feigen and Sara C. Ainsworth
- DOL Finally Relaxes Its Electronic Delivery Rule—But Only for... by: Jessica E. Kuester and Catherine R. Reese
- China Issues Ruling in First 5G Criminal Intellectual Property Law... by: Aaron Wininger
- NLRB General Counsel Issues Memo on Notice-Posting Requirement by: Thomas M. Stanek and Justin B. Caresia
May 23, 2020
- COVID-19: US Developments, Implementation and Oversight of CARES Act... by: Brandon C. Roman and Beth L. Goldstein
- Court of Chancery Decides Motions to Dismiss, Motion for Summary... by: David L. Forney and Rachel Cheasty Sanders
- CDC Issues Guidelines for Reopening by: Naomi G. Beer and James N. Boudreau
- New Policy on Reliability of the National Electrical System (NES) in... by: Daniel Aranda and Jeffery R. Atkin
- OSHA, Industrial Commission of Arizona Issue Guidance on Recording... by: Tibor Nagy Jr.
- UPDATED: New York State Stays Evictions and Foreclosures Due to the... by: Therese M. Doherty and Alexandra G. Calistri
- Effectively and Efficiently Managing Remote Depositions Requires... by: Vid R. Bhakar and Steven M. Auvil
- UK Guidance on Returning to the Workplace: Managing Health and Safety... by: Daniella McGuigan
- Louisiana Department of Revenue Grants Sales Tax Relief Related to... by: William (Bill) Backstrom
- Rolls-Royce Seeks to Resolve Circuit Split on Whether District Courts... by: Neil A.F. Popović and Jacqueline M. Simonovich
- Landlord Primer Regarding Practical Recommendations for Reopening... by: Anton N. Natsis and Eric J. Shelby
Labor and Employment Legal and Regulatory Law News
The National Law Review keeps its finger on the pulse on legal developments related to working. Keeping employers and employees abreast of the latest labor and employment law news. We review legal news developments including issues involving interviews and employer review sites like Glassdoor, Indeed and Rate My Employer. We cover all aspects of employment and labor disputes including, disability access and accommodations, harassment, retaliation, discrimination, unfair competition and trade secrets, whistleblower actions, business immigration, workplace privacy, wrongful termination and more matters adjudicated before the courts as well as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”), the National Labor Relations Board (“NLRB”), United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) and state and local agencies.
We feature the latest news on emerging compliance issues such as Affordable Care Act (“ACA”/”Obamacare”) and Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) mandates, EEOC and Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) enforcement, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) investigations, employee benefits, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”), the Department of Labor (“DOL”) Fiduciary Rules, joint employers status, E-Verify, workplace privacy, whistleblower actions, overtime requirements, and prevailing wage laws.
Employers can find the latest information on employment agreements and documents including: executive employment and compensation agreements, employee handbooks, sexual harassment policies, independent contractor agreements, social media policies, internet and email usage policies, separation agreements, equity compensation agreement and employee arbitration agreements.
On a state level, the National Law Review covers the latest on legislation, from laws banning-the-box and limiting the questions employers may ask during the hiring process; including limitations on questions about previous salary history and criminal history. Additionally, the nation-wide push for employers to establish paid family leave & sick policy and the resulting patchwork of rules. The National Law Review also offers an analysis of employees rights to post about their work experience and how employers can respond to employees' on-line reviews and provides information to help companies remain compliant.